RAGE OF DEMONS Minis From WizKids

Coming soon from WiKids are the official licensed Rage of Demons miniatures. Here's a quick look at three of them - the invisible blink dog, the air mymridon, and the the drow scout. These come in the Icons of the Realms series.

Coming soon from WiKids are the official licensed Rage of Demons miniatures. Here's a quick look at three of them - the invisible blink dog, the air mymridon, and the the drow scout. These come in the Icons of the Realms series.

rod_minis.png

evilbob

Explorer
Yes, they come in random assortment boxes, except the special gargantuan case-incentive figure.
Yes, they came in these boses ever since WotC started the first line in 2003. The Rage of Demons minis will actually the 25th series (22 done by WotC before and this is now the 3rd since being outsourced to WizKids)
Thanks a bunch.

Just wanted to say I really, really hate this style of delivery. When I want a mini, I want a specific one. This just means I'll only buy them off ebay or some indirect way. :(

Mirtek

Hero
WotC tried non-random for a while during 4e. Didn't appear to work out for them. The random delivery method just seems to be the best way to keep the cost down.
No really. It still was random with one visible per box. Something that no-one had asked for.

evilbob

Explorer
And I still only bought on 3rd party sites that gave me the option of which one I wanted instead of buying direct - which was also annoying because of the pretend idea that there is a "rarity" to certain minis, artificially driving up their price. (Like how diamonds are overvalued because they pretend that they are rare, when it's really just an artificial supply limit.)

It's just beyond weird to me to treat these like MtG cards; you don't "gain" anything from them, they're not more powerful in any game-related way. They're just minis. Pretending they have rarities just makes them harder to get for no reason. But whatever - I guess ultimately I'm happy they're actually making color minis again, since they really are so nice. If you think about the time-strapped parent who is buying pre-made adventures because they don't have the time to make up a full campaign on their own, pre-painted minis make perfect sense. (I have hundreds of unpainted Reapers that I will never get around to...)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
And I still only bought on 3rd party sites that gave me the option of which one I wanted instead of buying direct - which was also annoying because of the pretend idea that there is a "rarity" to certain minis, artificially driving up their price. (Like how diamonds are overvalued because they pretend that they are rare, when it's really just an artificial supply limit.)

Nothing pretend about it at all. Some miniatures are produced in lesser numbers than others. It's true of EVERY miniature company. Except for the clueless ones that go out of business.

If a company makes 1000 orc miniatures and 1000 colossal red dragons, and expect to sell the same numbers of both, they're stupid.

thewok

First Post
I'm very sad that Dungeon Command didn't have the staying power it should have. It was a fun game, but it was great for getting good numbers of themed minis. I have two of each set, so I can put a number of goblins, orcs and so on out. I also like the board games for this purpose. I just need to get around to painting them.

Remove ads

Remove ads