• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate I6 - Ravenloft

Rate I6 - Ravenloft

• Poll closed .

BriarCub

First Post
Before giving a rating, I had to flash back and imagine the 10-year-old me wandering the bookshelves at my local B Dalton and leafing through the contents. By today's standards, it's easy to point out flaws (and what 1e module isn't chock-full of them?) but, even though I'm no fan of the horror/gothic genre by any means, I remember the excitement of running it and having something new to give to my players. For the wonderful memories and experiences resulting from I6 alone, I gave it a 10 :)

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I gave it an 8. The dumb tombstones and the inescapable mists knocked it down by two points for me, but the rest of the module was top-notch.

Cavalorn

First Post
When it first came out, I loved it. Absolutely LOVED it. I even copied out the whole 'I am the Ancient, I am the Land. My beginnings are lost in the darkness of the past,' piece into one of my school exercise books.

The isometric maps were a joy. There was something truly evocative about them, especially the towers that went up level after level (and which I wanted a PC to fall down) and I think the 'pulsing red glass heart' in the Guardian of Sorrow has to be one of my top five rooms ever for sheer atmosphere.

But like many others here, I can't really forgive the tombstone humour (Americo Standardski, Inventor?) and I didn't really like the suggested random rearrangement of plot elements. I'd have preferred a single solid story to that tarot card business.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads