• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Re-Recruitment] When Journalists Attack!

Jarval

Explorer
Made a few changes to my background, and added background points. Tell me what you think.

Justin Hacksmith. A man always short of time. A man who is convinced his god is testing his faith, before sending him on to better things. Because, that's the only way you could stay sane in this job. Well, that or large quantities of whiskey...

In The City, clerics of Cognis, the god of knowledge, are not the most popular people around. Most of the wizards have little time for religion, and many are suspicious of a group who's power lies around finding out secrets. Career doors tend to get slammed in your face once people spot your holy symbol. Fortunately, journalism welcomes these investigative skills that so many others shun. Given his religious upbringing, it seemed the best option for Justin. It was that or sweeping the temple floor, and he's never been much good with a broom.

Justin was mentored by Virgil Skillpen, one of the high priests of Cognis, and reporter for the Float. Virgil's job was betrayed by a rival within the church, jealous of his success. Virgil was taken prisoner and executed, but not before sending Justin the notes of a case he was working on. The notes seemed to implicate both Virgil's rival, and members of the (which ever party is not currently in power) in a plot to open gates to several levels of the Abyss, and to use demonic allies to seize control of the city.

Justin's been with The Daily Float for three years now, a long time in such a dangerous business. He's been promoted a few times, and is currently working as a copy-editor. He's partnered with Bambi Doe, one of the "up and coming new reporters", and does his best to keep both himself and Bambi alive. While he'd never admit it, he's very fond of the reporter, and goes out of his way trying to keep her safe, and knock her scrawled notebooks into printable form.

Background Points: Long-Term Mission (investigate Virgil's case) 2, Nemesis (Virgil's rival, who suspects Justin may know something, but currently has bigger fish to worry about...) 2

anonystu

J'Accuse PirateCat!
I'm extremely happy with that background. Thanks for putting the work in.

My first post will be tonight. Maybe some posting guidelines during the day. I'll let you players set the pace from there.

Kal is officially out of spot as of now, so we're recruiting for one more: I think the game will run just fine starting with you four, but having more players than you need seems like a good rule.

anonystu

J'Accuse PirateCat!
Do all of you like the name of The Daily Float? I'm sort of eh on it, but if you people like it, then sure. If you don't, and you can come up with a better suggestion, cookies for you!

Sixchan

First Post
anonystu said:
Do all of you like the name of The Daily Float? I'm sort of eh on it, but if you people like it, then sure. If you don't, and you can come up with a better suggestion, cookies for you!

The Floating Times?

anonystu

J'Accuse PirateCat!
Yay, like we're totally started and all that.

( ic | ooc | characters )

Tell me what you think, or better yet, just start writing. If people post earlyish, then I'll try to post back earlyish.

Dark Eternal

First Post
Wicked cool. Love the ring gate - I had wondered about that. I assume that the Float has some way to keep this gate from being traced back to their end, in the event that we're captured and the Enforcers get their grubby little hands on it.

I think I'm going to find myself wishing that Elias had more in the way of firepower before too long... :)

Well, I'm off for now - I'll try to stay on top of the IC thread, and post back here (or actually over to the new OOC thread would be better) every so often.

Hope everyone has as much fun with all of this as I'm going to. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads