• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend me a PC game

Enforcer

Explorer
Okay, so my computer sucks and I can't play any of the new games that are coming out. But, I went home for Passover this weekend and got to play with my younger brother's tricked out machine.

Unreal II: The Awakening--if you've got the system to really run this game, then it's amazing for the graphics alone. Some of the landscapes are simply breathtaking, and the way fire looks is unbelievable. That said, there's nothing in this game that you haven't seen in other shooters. This game breaks no new ground as far as the actual gameplay. The eye candy made me ignore the lack of innovation for several levels though.

Splinter Cell (for PC)--I only downloaded the demo, which was 6% of the total game, but wow! If I had the money, I'd upgrade my computer to play this game. You get all sorts of ridiculously cool toys, like the fiber optic cable and the sticky camera. Then, your character (Sam Fisher) is a badass ninja guy to boot. In the first level of the demo there's a place where you can jump off of two, close-together walls to end up holding yourself 10 feet in the air doing the splits! Then, when the oblivious guard walks underneath you, you can drop down on top of him, knocking him unconscious! Other really cool things from that first demo level include: using telephone wires as a zip line, grabbing people from behind and pistol whipping them into unconsciousness, shimmying down elevator cables, and the ability to complete the level without actually killing anybody! I highly recommend Splinter Cell, and you've got nothing to lose in downloading the demo!

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Well, since you've already played NWN and Morrowind, I'll have to recommend older stuff.

Baldur's Gate 2 rocks the world.
Fallout 2, as others have said, is loads of fun.

If you like a hack & slash fest, and don't care about a true RP experience, either of the Icewind Dale games are fun. For that matter, so is Diablo II.

Latency

First Post
I will also chime in for Splinter Cell, I just finished the Game and I wish that they would release a part 2. Great game if you don't mind stealth over run in and shoot.

orbitalfreak

First Post
Civilization III,
SimCity4,
Starcraft and Starcraft: Broodwar,
Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction,
Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, BG 2: Throne of Bhaal,
Battlefield 1942,
Unreal Tournament 2003.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
gah the civ games irritate me. I still play them but still.

1. the differences from civ 1 and civ 3 are way too minor. Yeah it looks better, and yeah I can automate workes on a beter scale now, but still basically the same.

2. Spearmen still hurt my tanks. Frickin make the AI smarter so its tech level is on par with mine at higher levels of difficulties don't cheat.

3. civ 3 should of gone further with tech, like added alpha centari level tech int it.

I have other beefs but there out of my mind right now.

And they still don't change the fact that I have a blast playing the game every time.

Mallus

Legend
Shard O'Glase said:
And they still don't change the fact that I have a blast playing the game every time.

Its a good thing you ended with that or I'd have to track you down and bust a phalanx in your.....:)

Back to the topic: Galactic Civilizations by Stardock Software. Picked it up after the slew of bad MOO3 reviews and so far, its good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads