D&D General Reminder: Spellfire can come out of any body part…

Well if we go over to the Dragonlance thread, any problematic things should be changed to “modern sensibilities”.

Which frankly is and has been already happening to Faerun.
funny thing is in this case what is old is new again. modern empowerment Is take the lovers you want
edit: it's only my hatred for FR in this case that makes me unable to enjoy this aspect is the Marysue hood of Elminster (IMO). Over all a kingdom ruled by a free love queen sounds great (and since 3 players over the years have been women very sex positive it would fit perfectly at my tables)

Last edited:

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
funny thing is in this case what is old is new again. modern empowerment Is take the lovers you want
edit: it's only my hatred for FR in this case that makes me unable to enjoy this aspect is the Marysue hood of Elminster (IMO). Over all a kingdom ruled by a free love queen sounds great (and since 3 players over the years have been women very sex positive it would fit perfectly at my tables)
There's a big disjuncture between the 60s version and modern version here, I think. Suffice it to say that not all players would feel comfortable at that sort of table.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
There's a big disjuncture between the 60s version and modern version here, I think. Suffice it to say that not all players would feel comfortable at that sort of table.

DM: The group approaches the Queen.
Queen: "Greetings heroes. You have served the realm well. I think it is high time we got to know each other better. Royal Gimps! Bring the Lube Vat!"
DM: The Queen begins to disrobe as the 2 individuals in head to toe leather run out of the room giggling loudly.
Bard: "Hells yes!" I start to take off my clothes
Paladin: "No!" I grab the Bard by the collar and start to back out of the chamber.
DM: As you are backing out of the room holding the struggling Bard you bump into the returning Gimps and get lube splashed all over your holy armor.
Paladin: sigh

DM: The group approaches the Queen.
Queen: "Greetings heroes. You have served the realm well. I think it is high time we got to know each other better. Royal Gimps! Bring the Lube Vat!"
DM: The Queen begins to disrobe as the 2 individuals in head to toe leather run out of the room giggling loudly.
Bard: "Hells yes!" I start to take off my clothes
Paladin: "No!" I grab the Bard by the collar and start to back out of the chamber.
DM: As you are backing out of the room holding the struggling Bard you bump into the returning Gimps and get lube splashed all over your holy armor.
Paladin: sigh
I was thinking more the queen takes consorts all the time, and invites 1 (or more) pc regardless of gender and race(that means a lot more in D&D) back to her chambers... but we would fade to black

HammerMan

Legend
"As I have often said, I am a biological determinist, and there is no question that male and female brains are different. It is apparent to me that by and large females do not derive the same inner satisfaction from playing games as a hobby that males do. It isn't that females can't play games well, it is just that it isn't a compelling activity to them as is the case for males."
Gary Gygax

"A number of the chaps with families are bound to bring them next year so that thay can enjoy the charms of Lake Geneva, a true tourist trap with plenty to amuse women and children not enthralled by the lure of gaming."
Gary Gygax

[URL ."
Gary Gygax

"Just so. The only limit I placed on female PCS was no Str above 18. In actual history female participation in what would be considered adventuring was virtually nil. i am always amused when history programs on the tube attempt Political Corectness by featuring the only examples of female duelists, pirates, warriors, etc. They represent less than one percent of the whole being considered, and featuring one-armed men in the same roles would be at least as meaningful historically. Frankly, not only did society generally prevent such participation, but I believe most women were generally not the least interested in engaging in such dangerous and questionable activities."
Gary Gygax

That is NOT a good look for D&D

Remove ads