D&D 4E Reply if you love 4e

adamc

First Post
I've enjoyed 4e a lot and am still running a 4e campaign.

My daughter and her friends have another campaign they run at our house, and I noticed the other week that after experimenting with other systems, they are back to 4e.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
One thing that came up last week at the table was that 4e does not describe the monsters in the entries. Often, if there's no picture, we had no idea what the monsters looked like. We had to look them up online and hope there was an image of a mini or some other sketch. All previous editions of D&D usually included a paragraph or so of basic description text.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
One thing that came up last week at the table was that 4e does not describe the monsters in the entries. Often, if there's no picture, we had no idea what the monsters looked like. We had to look them up online and hope there was an image of a mini or some other sketch. All previous editions of D&D usually included a paragraph or so of basic description text.

On the other hand I enjoy re-skinning the critters, which 4e really encourages.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Reskinning monsters is fun, but if you are running a module, which says 12 canolith demons and a westerfaelian wromphernugget, it is helpful to know what those are, if only to explain just how badly the PCs kill it.

herrozerro

First Post
After I finished a 4 year on and off again 4e campaign I was burnt out on the system. I jumped over to savage worlds, and am still having a great time, and looking foreward to running a numenera game. Though I never really thought much about 4e, most games in my area are pathfinder society and there is another DM who runs 4e once in a blue moon. But then I visited my friend I had not seen in a while and he is still running a strong 4e game. We talked about it for a couple hours, discussing monsters, cool character abilities and how awesome 4e is.

Now I'm hooked again, I broke out my old books again and am putting together the foundation of a game again. I'm still playing savage worlds as my main game and still look forward to a numenera game as well, but 4e is like an old friend to me.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
Our home game has been running the playtest 5e for about a year now, and while there are things that I like about it, as a DM I still can't do the things I could do with 4e (create new monsters, reskin old ones, etc), and I miss that terribly. I hope they don't leave those lessons behind.

-rg

Greyson

Explorer
Love D&D 4E

So far we are sticking with D&D 4E. Using Adventure Tools to create and modify creatures in mere moments is a big win for me. And being able to export the creature9s) to D&D4E Combat Manager is a huge bonus.

Love the Character Builder, too. It's not perfect, but we can get characters whipped up fast, which in turn lets us jump into the gaming action.

Most importantly, I just like the way D&D runs. I like having powers. One of my players said last game session that he likes the versatility of his 4E character over other system's characters.

Never tried D&D Next, probably will. But for now, D&D 4E is where it's at for us. We feel it's the best iteration of the game so far.

Remove ads