• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reviews Site Update

Michael Morris

First Post
Hello folks. I'm going to take a break from 4 days of nearyly non-stop coding to let you see a screenshot for assurance that something is being done about the reviews site and the apparent collapse of its code brought on by the server move.

When the reviews site goes back up it will be integrated into the boards. You'll use the same log in to post reviews and comments there as you do here - further reviews and comments made there will pad your post count - and I fully expect Crothian to gain 1000+ posts when I perform the merge.

The new site will also use the same post index which means that searches done on the boards will also turn up relevant reviews and products unless you filter them out (and you can choose to search them specifically as well).

To date I have a fully working import script. The script will attempt to match your user name against your reviews user name - but if it fails to get a match a new autoposter will get credit for the post. HOWEVER, I am bringing the old user names and I will at some point build a feature that will allow the admins to find the posts of your old account based on user name.

The screenshot below is still very early alpha code, so it's got glitches (the avg score for instance is missing). However, I hope you find it encouraging and I hope to have something up as soon as humanly possible. The launch version will be very minimalist though so that reviews posting and reading can resume - I'll add additional functionality soon after release.

Attachments

• screenshot3.gif
    screenshot3.gif
    39.2 KB · Views: 102

CarlZog

Explorer
Yay! Reviews are back!

And just in the nick of time!

I was about to give up and buy some stuff this week without the benefit of my trusted Enworld Reviews. Turns out I was precariously close to making what would have been some REALLY BAD purchasing decisions!

Crothian

First Post
don';t forget you can always post a thread asking for opinions on certain books or topics. Like if you knew you wanted a book on dwarves, you can ask what books are out there on them and what people think of them. And I'm glad you enjoy the reviews!!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I just got an email from Blacksway who says the reviews site should be fully working again now. Yay!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads