ring of evasion

Artoomis

First Post
After reading this entire thread, I think it's obvious that you could rule either way quite reasonably, and with the rules solidly behind you.

In that case, you just have to work with your DM to decide what is the most reasonable answer.

I lean towards allowing evasion in light armor only, but there is justification for allowing it in heavy armor as well.

dcollins

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:
16k for the Resistance. +10k for Semi-Empathic Intelligence with one primary ability - namely, "Possessor has free use of Evasion".

Sure, you have to put up with the occasional semi-empathic tingle. I can live with that. Its Ego will be all of about 6.

Hopefully, you realize that in creating an intelligent item, the creator/player does not get to choose either its ability scores or "other features" (i.e., primary abilities or extraordinary powers). See DMG p. 246.

Darklone

Ugh.

Well. As for the semantics: I think it's obvious that it CANNOT be used in heavy/medium armours.

Arguments: Karinsdads post.

If you ask if it's balanced... Most classes need two level multiclassing to get evasion. It's VERY strong. Pushing it up even more if you allow to use it with armour would unbalance it even more.

Ok, if you got a lot of prestige classes around (which stop the sense in any balancing discussions), evasion is cheap.

Crothian

First Post
I like the fact that you need to be in light or no armor for the effect. People in the heavier armors can't move nearly as well, so Evasion should be impossible. But that is just an opinion.

Remove ads