Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

taran

First Post
Now to get the arrow out of my...wait. "Haruka, is anyone - Lorik!" Derien rushes to Lorik, unpacking his healing supplies as quickly as he can around the arrow still lodged in his side. Lorik, Haruka, Ikni, uh, me..."Where's Heinrich? Is he all right?"[sblock=Heal checks!]First, Lorik: 24
Second, Heinrich, though not until someone points him out to Derien: 19[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Lorik blinks a few times, then coughs up some blood.

"Well, that was fun. Boy I sure do love fey."

Standing up, Lorik goes to round up and search the bodies.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ironheart remains motionless, sunk into a despair nearly as impenetrable as his earlier madness.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm on vacation until next Monday, not sure how much time I'll have to post, and what I do have will be taken up with the adventure's I'm DM'ing. This should pretty much cover Ironheart's actions until then. :)

If the party leaves the area, he'll allow himself to be physically dragged along (stumbling to keep up as long as someone guides him, not dead weight) but won't respond to anyone or acknowledge them. If they just go into the cabin he'll stay outside, though.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni doesn't go into the cabin on her own, merely looks around the outside of it and tries to peer in through any windows or doors that are already open. She'll be happy to lead the way inside when everyone's ready.

taran

First Post
Derien goes looking for Heinrich on his own, and administers what aid he can. Once Heinrich's up, or it's obvious that he won't be, he returns to the cabin. "Time for a rest? I'd propose a watch, but who among us could stand it?"

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]First off, I heard from Ata yesterday. Here is what he had to say:
Ata said:
Hey there sessadore!
I'm fine, thank you, I'm missing you guys and the ENWorld too! Unfortunately, yeah, those ...ehm... unscrupolous providers don't seem to be able to fix this problem in a permanent way. I'm really not sure how to handle this, since changing company would surely make me lose even more time.
I'm really, really sorry that this is dragging on and causing problems in my games and in the community, but be sure that this absence is NOT dependant on my will. I'm rather worried, indeed, about what's happened to the games I DM and my characters... :.(
That said, I found my internet was back *again*this morning, I log in, and I find that ENWorld has a users cap???!! What the .... *COUGH*
Well, since I'm on it, I'll forward this mail to a few other people that I have on my contact list so I let them know I'm still trying to get back to play...
See you back on the boards soon!!
hopefully.
Ata
So hopefully he'll be back soon. I'm sure you're all eager to get this game moving again!

Also, a heads up for everyone: I'm getting married on the 9th of August. So, I'll have limited internet access from the 6th to the 8th, and absolutely no access from the 9th to the 15th while we're on our honeymoon ;)

Hopefully Ata's back and this is moving again by then ;)[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc: I am indeed back, and now that ENworld works again I'll post an update soon (like, tonight). Hoping that both my connection and the boards keep going...

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc: time to revive the game with some well-deserved treasure...

[sblock=the corpses]as you search the bodies, you find a couple items of interest. The mantle of the Eladrin is closed by a pin adorned by a fine jewel, worth about 80 gps. The fey was probably a high-level officer.
The Elf scout's longsword is a very well-made weapon. Although it didn't seems so in the bright light of Haruka's sunrod, it emanates quite a bright light of its own. On a closer inspection, the sword is clearly magical, precisely a much-sought-after Sunblade.
Obviously you find plenty of arrows, leather armors, shortswords, and, if you fancy that sort of thing, a nice, soft panther hide.[/sblock]

[sblock=the cabin]is a rather tidy place, if a bit dusty. There's some uncomfortable-looking beds, various pieces of standard equiplemnt, provisions, and all sorts of things you'd expect to find in a guard post. There's an owl resting in a corner, with a message left open on a table near it, probably carried by the bird itself: Warning. Unidentified intruders approaching from south sector.
The warning does explain why you were so readily greeted.
On a wide, mostly empty shelf, you find a few empty flasks, but also a couple more potions of healing.[/sblock]

[sblock=Heinrich]...is nowhere to be found. You can clearly see the pool of blood he left where he was when you couldn't see him behind the large tree, and a short trail like he was forcibly transported, that disappears after a few feet.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ironheart]is pulled by an unknown force to follow Haruka. The deep corrupting wound he has feels somehow connected to the the sorceress.[/sblock]

[sblock=DonIncognito]I remember you were talking about using your DM credits for Lorik. If you still want to, with Lorik's near-death dream and the extended rest, now might be a good time.[/sblock]

[sblock=treasure summary]-Sunblade Longsword +1
-Gem worth 80 gps
-2 Potions of healing[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni eyes the sunblade with awe and wonder. She picks it up and cleans it with the same care she gave to her own weapon. She looks Lorik in the eye and says coldly, "Since you believe that it is not the weapon that makes the warrior, you will have no interest in this."

She retires to an out of the way corner of the cabin and sinks into a meditative pose, sunblade across her knees. She remains there for an hour or more, humming tunelessly and chanting quietly.

[sblock=ooc]I think Lorik and Ikni are the only ones who use longswords in this party, yes? Ikni has a good IC reason to try to claim the sword, but OOC it's a tossup. If you're interested, we can roll for it or whatever.[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka stares off in the direction Heinrich was taken. After a few moments, she mutters, "Well, that's that," before returning to the cabin and the rest of the party, smiling slightly as the wood woad follows her.

"Heinrich's gone. Maybe the Fey took him, maybe he ran off." She shrugs before continuing, "Either way, not much we can do about it now." She gives an almost predatory look towards the owl, "Should do something about the bird? Do you think someone's expecting a response?"

Haruka smirks at Ikni's comment to Lorik. "Nice," she whispers loudly to the half-elf, "Very well played."

[sblock=LS]Congratulations, by the way.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads