• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E RIP alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, even if D&D does this, what does that mean for the many other pieces of media influenced by D&D? Is Legend of Zelda going to have to get rid of always evil monsters? Is Link going to have to talk to every moblin he meets to make sure they're evil before he fights them?

Scribe

Legend
Honestly, I'm prepping for TBC, 5e will be where my edition stops it seems, and I couldnt possibly care to get into another 'float ASI should be the only way, screw you guys who want something else' mega thread.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I like systems. Alignment serves well enough to set a baseline of motivation, or behavior.
Now I'm imagining the designers at WotC giving the Apocalypse speech.

"No more negative ability modifiers. No more fixed ASIs. No more alignments! NO MORE SYSTEMS! NO MORE!"

Faolyn

(she/her)
I like systems. Alignment serves well enough to set a baseline of motivation, or behavior.
That's not a loss, though. You said we'd lose something, but this suggests that the only thing you lose is maybe a minute of time when you have to come up with a motivation for a creature's actions instead of relying on "welp, it's evil."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads