Rogue with BAB 6/1 get 2 Sneak Attacks with Full Attack Action?

Falcon

First Post
I am pretty sure the rogue does, but I wanted to make sure, since I can't find a ruling on that anywhere and my brain is melting. Anyone know?

kreynolds

First Post
Falcon said:
I am pretty sure the rogue does, but I wanted to make sure, since I can't find a ruling on that anywhere and my brain is melting.

Yep. You are correct in your assumption.

Falcon said:
Anyone know?

Check out the DnD FAQ for a more detail answer.

Last edited:

Cloudgatherer

First Post
Yes, sadly a rogue gets multiple sneak attacks with multiple attacks.

IMC, sneak attack is an action. There's just something about a potential 50d6 points of sneak damage possible in a round that does not sit well with me. Even 30d6 in a round doesn't sit well with me... Even the player who is playing the rogue suggested this, probably because he knows how much of a pain it can be if a rogue does this to his companions...

telepox

First Post
Cloudgatherer said:
Yes, sadly a rogue gets multiple sneak attacks with multiple attacks.

IMC, sneak attack is an action. There's just something about a potential 50d6 points of sneak damage possible in a round that does not sit well with me. Even 30d6 in a round doesn't sit well with me... Even the player who is playing the rogue suggested this, probably because he knows how much of a pain it can be if a rogue does this to his companions...

Can you break down that 50d6 or 30d6 for me??

Setanta

First Post
Originally posted by telepox
Can you break down that 50d6 or 30d6 for me??

The 30d6 is assuming a 19th level rogue getting three attacks per round, with each attack getting 10d6 sneak attack damage. The 50d6 comes from a 19th level rogue getting five attacks, by utilizing two weapon fighting and improved two weapon fighting.

BTW, I think the rogue's sneak attack is balanced as is.

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
55d6 for a Rog11/Asn9 with ITWF. More is possible if you use S&F (and S&S?).

Rog20/Asn10/Tempest10, speed weapons, and a ring of improved invisibility. Now that's a nasty epic level character! :D

firstborne

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
55d6 for a Rog11/Asn9 with ITWF. More is possible if you use S&F (and S&S?).

If you win iniative, (after surprising your foe, of course) and have the feat Flick of the Wrist, that's 55d6 per round for two rounds, plus 11d6 in the surprise round, for a grand total of 121d6.

That's an average of 423 damage.

... assuming you land each attack. Most DMs will use enemies immune to sneak attacks, not just constructs or undead, but other rogues or barbarians (uncanny dodge makes sneak attack difficult), concealment, speed (difficult to flank a fast-moving monk), range (difficult to get that close to an archer, especially if they have a good Spot skill), etc.

jontherev

First Post
firstborne said:

If you win iniative, (after surprising your foe, of course) and have the feat Flick of the Wrist, that's 55d6 per round for two rounds, plus 11d6 in the surprise round, for a grand total of 121d6.

That's an average of 423 damage.

No, that feat only renders your foe flat-footed vs. your NEXT attack only, not for an entire round. Plus, once you consider how low the rogue's bab is to a fighter's, and the high AC of creature at this level, the rogue probably has a low/no chance of hitting on his later attacks. Let's see, 20th level rogue, bab +15, dex +8 (weapon finesse), +5 weapon, +2 flank = +30 to hit. Vs. AC 40, you have a 50% chance of hitting on your highest base attacks. So, average damage from a rogue of this level decreases a lot because of all the misses. Honestly, a fighter can probably do much better average damage, and do this ALL the time, not just when he gets lucky enough to fight a creature vulnerable to crits/sneak attack, AND sets the conditions for it. That's why the rogue is balanced.

Remove ads