• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Rogues are badass mounted combatants...

bganon

Explorer
What gives you advantage on the attack? I'm not seeing anything about that in the mount rules.

AFAICT, nothing makes Rogues better riders than anybody else. Mounts get their own actions, and anyone riding a horse can have it move+disengage for ride-by attacks. Cunning Action gives the rogue a bonus action, but unless you use it to roll off the horse or something I don't see how it does you any good.

What gives you advantage on the attack? I'm not seeing anything about that in the mount rules.

AFAICT, nothing makes Rogues better riders than anybody else. Mounts get their own actions, and anyone riding a horse can have it move+disengage for ride-by attacks. Cunning Action gives the rogue a bonus action, but unless you use it to roll off the horse or something I don't see how it does you any good.
Yes, now I think you're right.

The advantage comes from the mounted combatant feat, which I think an lot of posters were assuming due to the thread title.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads