• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGA and D&D shout-out on SNL

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
The latest episode of SNL featured a parody of Mitt Romney desperate to fit in with various groups on a speaking tour.

[Podium set up in front of RPGA logo]
Romney (dressed in a cloak holding a sword): "I can't imagine a time in my life that Dungeons & Dragons wasn't a part of."
Off-Screen Gamer: "We don't believe you!"

Funny bit with a gamer reference that actually didn't mock gamers.

fba827

Adventurer
The latest episode of SNL featured a parody of Mitt Romney desperate to fit in with various groups on a speaking tour.

[Podium set up in front of RPGA logo]
Romney (dressed in a cloak holding a sword): "I can't imagine a time in my life that Dungeons & Dragons wasn't a part of."
Off-Screen Gamer: "We don't believe you!"

Funny bit with a gamer reference that actually didn't mock gamers.

If anyone wants to see it:
Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Cold Opening: Mitt Romney Campaign

that specific reference starts around the 3minute 2 second mark and lasts about 20 seconds (though, no need to go out of your way to see it, it isn't life changing or anything like that....)

Rune

Once A Fool
It is significant in one respect, though. I've seen several references made to D&D on SNL over the years and they've all been pretty insulting. This is the first one I've seen on that show that really wasn't.

Remove ads