D&D (2024) Scaling monsters in the Monster Manual?

Should the monster manual have stat blocks that scale?

• Yes. More granular control of monster CR.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No. Keep young and adult dragons in their own boxes.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 16.7%

Pauln6

Hero
In a bounded system, it's not often needed. Hit points are averaged so you can level up monsters by giving them above average hit points or bybumping con or key stats by 2 to represent an exceptional specimen. Bumping them up a size could also be an option in some cases.

Now that weapon mastery gives at will riders to martial attacks, maybe a list of riders you can add to monster attacks to add a bit of spice might be a good idea.

Yaarel

He Mage
Does someone happen to have a convenient chart to represent the typical stats for each Challenge Rating in Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse?

Before it, there is the "5e Monster Manual on a Business Card". But I dont know of an update for Mordenkainen.

bc1.png

bc2.png

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
I don't feel like scaling at all levels is useful.
I do like how Pendelhaven Publishing scaled both their Creatures of Fairy-tale and Myth 5e and Creatures of Fairy-tale and Myth for Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok.
Both have configurations for all 50 or so monsters at 5 different tiers. Those differentiation are meaningful. If I really want to tweak between them it's pretty easy.

Remove ads