• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Sci Fi Channel] "Who Wants To Be A Superhero?"

DonTadow

First Post
AFter 4 shows there is one reoccuring annoyance now... stan lee.

He's putting these guys on a moral podium higher than any superhero. He says that no superhero gives up his identity but marvel is in the middle of civil war, which was planned and has been in the works during the filming and before the filmiing of this movie.

He knocks on strippers but this was the guy who signed his name on stripperela?

In previous epsiodes he's said things like heroes are always couragous, but every hero has a weakness.

He says no one would give up their cape, but any hero would give up any part of some silly old clothing if it means saving a life or helping someone.

His holier than though attitude annoys me to no end.

Richards

Legend
Well, I think he needs to justify giving two superheroes the boot on every episode, even if it means exaggerating a point now and again. I agree, we can all pretty much find examples of superheroes that don't fit the "mold" that he's holding up as the standard for superhero behavior, but that's just part of the artificiality of the show. Take the last elimination of tonight's show, for example: three of the four superheroes completed their mission; one did not. Not a whole lot of doubt as to who should be eliminated under those conditions, is there? By throwing in Major Victory's penchant for cape removal as a possibly disqualifying trait, he at least tries to build the suspense up a bit.

I was really surprised that the heroes' friends and family all ratted them out like that earlier in the show, though. I'd have been really ticked if I had gotten the boot because of something my friend said to get me disqualified. Fortunately, Creature managed to do something to get herself disqualified all on her own, so she can't really blame it on her friend's big mouth.

I am really looking forward to next week's finale.

Johnathan

Richards

Legend
And for the record, I'm rooting for Major Victory for the win, but I have a feeling that Feedback may just beat him at his own game. I think he's been only scolded once (for making fun of Tyveculus' costume upgrade - or did he miss the lost little girl in the first episode as well?), whereas Major Victory has been scolded several times for his stripping, plus he gave away his secret identity at the diner, while Feedback played it cool. Plus, Feedback even managed to out-emote Major Victory in the spontaneous "I'm crying because you praised me" contest at the end of tonight's episode.

Finally, I think Feedback has a more "wholesome" overall image and a less silly-looking costume, if the potential sales of the comic book are in any way a factor.

Johnathan

Jamdin

Explorer
DonTadow said:
He says no one would give up their cape, but any hero would give up any part of some silly old clothing if it means saving a life or helping someone.

Stan really made too big of deal about Major Victory's cape. Superman has taken off his cape several times in the past for Lois, Jimmy and others.

Tuzenbach

First Post
Hey, I'm just glad Lemuria's out. She'd been annoying me ever since episode 3 with her ludicrous verbal assaults upon Fat Momma. Also, there was just something very "not right" about her. I think Creature, Monkey Woman, Tyveculous, and Cellphone Girl were all better suited towards being a superhero. That said, I'm surprised Lemuria made it to the final four.

The big question?

With no more hot chicks on the show, will the final two episodes generate the same sort of ratings as the show's first four episodes?

Goodsport

Explorer
Jamdin said:
Stan really made too big of deal about Major Victory's cape. Superman has taken off his cape several times in the past for Lois, Jimmy and others.

That's exactly what crossed my mind as well. :eek:

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
Did you catch the following in tonight's ending credits (last part bolded by me)?

Contestants are informed of the rules and must meet eligibility requirements to receive announced prizes.

Portions of this program not affecting the outcome of the competition have been edited.

The convicts depicted were not real convicts but paid actors... but don't worry, the Superheroes didn't know that!

:D

-G

ThirdWizard

First Post
Yeah, I figured the convicts were actors. It fits with the "make them think they're in danger when they really aren't" thing. I imagine one of the super heroes being taken hostage would make for good ratings, but not the kind they're looking for. ;)

bodhi

First Post
ThirdWizard said:
Yeah, I figured the convicts were actors. It fits with the "make them think they're in danger when they really aren't" thing. I imagine one of the super heroes being taken hostage would make for good ratings, but not the kind they're looking for. ;)
I was gonna say it'd be interesting to start a comic with the death of the superhero, but it's been done.

terrainmonkey

First Post
yeah, i knew they were actors. the producers wouldn't really put these people in a situation with hardened criminals, it just wouldn't be right. i mean come on, real convicts would have laughed thier asses off at these "crusaders" and would have done all manner of things to harm them in reality. they also had that "look" of typical comic book "Stan Lee" type convicts. big burly, angry looking, bad attitudes, etc. these are just the type of comic book criminals you see in marvel comics all the time.

about who is going to be the winner, i have my suspicions it's going to be feedback. i mean, come on, major victory has been on the chopping block so many times i'm surprised he's still there. fat momma? really. i think not. a donut based superhero? no. no, and hell no. feedback has everything, sincerity, a cool costume, a great set of powers, and a desire to be the best superhero on the team. and the wife talking about his clutter? really, who doesn't have a room of clutter in the house? that's hardly a super hero failing. i've seen many times where peter parker has a cluttered home, so that's hardly a drawback. sure, the crying on the show tonight was kind of hokey but hey, what the heck. and the way he ahndled that "convict" was great. get on his level, talk to the guy and be sincere. perfect way to get the job done.

so at the end of it all, i hope feedback is the one to win it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads