• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse - OOC.

Shayuri

First Post
It would be useful for me if we had a list of which player was angling for what sort of concept...not a detailed indication of what the character was, but rather a very general summary like:

Vertexx: Reader and social 'face.'

Etc.

Maerdwyn

First Post
The following have been mentioned so far, but obviously these aren't set in stone. As you say, Shayuri, it would be a good idea to keep everyone updated so there isn't too much that's either duplicated or missed.

Vertexx: reader and social "face"
Thanee: Streetwise martial artist
Shayuri: Self-Educated scientist/medic
Ethandrew: Still thinking
Rhun: Pilot/Mercenary/gunslinger

Maerdwyn

First Post
Let me think about the idea of purchasing assets as part of advancement, Vertexx. At best it would need case by case approval, as with buying off complications, but I'm not sure yet.

Thanee

First Post
Will we be able to buy assets with advancements points later in the game (up to the max of 5 total) and or improve our minor assets to major (if able)? I know we can buy off complications, so I think it would be cool if the other side was an option too.

In the Cortex System RPG book, that is definitely possible (cost is equal to removing complications).

In the Serenity RPG book, there is no mentioning of it, but I don't see why not, as long as it makes sense (many Assets won't be available simply because they are something you are born with; but there are quite a few that certainly can be explained that way to be acquired later).

Bye
Thanee

Maerdwyn

First Post
Yup, having had a chance to look at the rules some more this weekend, looks like there shouldn't be any problem with that. The big caveat is the "makes sense" restriction - so long as the addition of an asset or removal of a complication can be explained in story terms, I'll be happy with it.

How are characters coming along- anything I can help with?

Any thoughts on the ship?

Vertexx69

First Post
The only one I really wanted a bit down the road is "fightin' type". I don't see how it would be hard to learn to be more effective in combat after a few dust ups.

Vertexx69

First Post
[FONT=&quot]Here's a rough version of "Pretty Boy" Durante. [sblock=Jimme]Mr. “Pretty Boy” Jimme (Hi me) Durante - Veteran Negotiator[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Age: 24[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Height: 6’0”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weight: 140lbs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hair: Black[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eyes: Almond[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skin: Pale with a perfect complexion[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stats:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Agi – d12 + d2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Str – d4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vit – d6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alr – d12 + d2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Int – d8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wil – d6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Initiative: 2d12 +d4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Life: 12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Assets: -12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Things Go Smooth - Major[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Reader - Major[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Allure - Minor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Talented (Dodge) – Minor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Complications: +16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Allergy (Penicillin) – Major[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Credo (Leave no man behind) – Major[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sadistic – Major[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deadly Enemy – Minor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Greedy – Minor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skills:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Athletics d6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Dodge d12 +d2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Discipline d6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Guns d6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Energy Weapons d12 + d2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Influence d6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Negotiation d12 + d2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Linguistics d6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Perception d6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nonverbal Communication d12 + d2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Equipment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plate Vest[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Laser Pistol[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thin daggers X4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nice suits X3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Appearance:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jimme is a tall and impossibly thin Japanese guy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]People would think him anything other than dangerous [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]to look at his angelic face. He almost always wears a [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]fitted suit with a skinny tie. His plate vest isn’t visible underneath as [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]it is formed to feel like a torso on the outside. It conceals the holster[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for his laser pistol on the inside. And since both are made of carbon fiber,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]neither one shows up on metal detectors or gun scans. He carries a key [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]that fits most cuffs and a small fiber blade in the back of his belt as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In an inside pocket he carries a set of 3 antitoxin pens in a cigar holder[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for his allergies, but hidden within each of these fully functioning medical [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]devices is a long thin carbon blade like a stiletto.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Background:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also coming out of the Alliance labs during the havoc that Simon caused [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]when he broke out River, Jimme didn’t suffer from an altered perception matrix[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]like that other prodigy. Instead he developed a rather nasty way of looking at what[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]was really there. Taking pleasure in the pain of others, makes his serenely beautiful [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]face a true mask hiding a very disturbing fascination.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He supposedly had connections to the Syndicate for a while after that, but has [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]now struck out on his own. Hey are of course very interested in getting their [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Pretty boy” back as he they greatly desire his intuitive talents. Until then [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]they don’t mind getting in his way while biding their time to press him back [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]into the service of the company.[/sblock][/FONT]

Maerdwyn

First Post
Hi Vertexx,

Looks good, but need to hear a little about how the sadistic trait is going to play out as part of a crew - the book generally reserves the trait for bad guys, for example. I could see it working for a PC, but I'd like to hear what you have in mind, considering the benefit you get for a major trait that is entirely a matter of role playing, rather than of mechanics.

Smaller issue, perhaps a nonexistent one - if you take a major allergy to penicillin, expect illness to show up in the game more than I might otherwise have intended.

More Willpower might indeed be a good idea for influence checks

Remove ads