Shadow in the Sky, Chapt 1 of TRM's Second Darkness [IC]

ghostcat

First Post
Chan Ti Monk 1

Wanting to take out the wizard before she casts too many more spells, Ti opts for quantity over quality and attacks the thug with a flurry of hands and feet. Unfortunately, he was off balance from his previous kick and he ended up punching air.

OCC:
Flurry of Blows plus two-handed attack.

1d20-3=1, 1d20-3=-2, 1d20-3=4

Voadam

Legend
Hearing the wizard's comment Voadam concludes the pup wizard is part of the band of thieves. Taking advantage of the fact he already had a tight grip on the wizard's shirt Voadam slides into a Lotus Petal stance and moves for an arm lock against the insulting "real wizard". "All right then, Angvar, we're not through yet. I may have forgotten half my dokkalfar training in the years since I've been a night raider, but don't think to cast another spell or I'll break that little nose of yours."

ooc since I made all those past statements of grabbing him, not letting him go, and tightening my grip on him, am I already grappling him? If not does that help out at all, such as on the touch attack or the blind miss chance? Attack action is grapple for damage.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Round 2

[SBlock=Ambrus]Tosh makes his way across the small crowd that separates it from the one-eyed woman. With most of the clients blinded, it isn't too hard to remain unnoticed. The dragon can also hear more then one person complain about the current condition. Maybe some of them believe that they've been blinded permanently. "I can't see ... my eyes, they took out my eyes !".

The woman is in the open but Tosh manages to approach her from behind. Neither her or her accomplices appear blinded. She wear few obvious valuable : bronze earrings, a rapier, a small crossbow and a belt pouch. The boneyard sneak tries to cut her belt pouch with his claws but she moves forward at just the wrong moment and Tosh finds himself empty-handed.

OOC: rolled 3+10=13 for sleight of hand. The stealth check was better. You can AoO her on her turn if you want, but I'm guessing you won't.[/Sblock]
Self-preservation instincts kick in. Squeezing his eyes tight shut, Tolly uses touch to duck under the gaming table. Here he stays, blinking hard to try to get his sight back. From under there, he hears the voice of the old gnome that was with him. "Mister, where did you go ? Did you see all those wonderful colors ?"

The one-eyed woman moves forward to follow her men up on the podium. She also urges them to attack. "Come on you sea dogs ! Take out those clumsy landlubbers !"

On the other side of the room, Kronk lashes out wildly with his waraxe, twisting it so that the flat of the blade comes into play. His attack is clumsy but the Ulfen had left himself exposed after charging the dwarf. The axe hits the side of the big man's head and he falls limp to the floor.

Following the woman's instruction, the sailors swing their club to knock out the bouncers and the slim half-elf opposing them. Chan Ti is able to anticipate his enemies's attacks and dodges out of the way. The Gold Goblin personnel isn't as quick however. Both the entrance guard and one of those guarding the chest are knock out cold.

[Sblock=Ambrus]After knocking out the guard at the entrance, one of the sailors turns and moves north, probably to take care of the other bouncer there. Before he gets there however, he passes close to to Tosh and his eyes finds the little dragon. He stops, staring at the little thief, apparently not sure what to make of it.[/Sblock]
The lone guard remaining to defend the chest draws his shortsword and starts to swing it wildly to fend off attackers as he slowly backs away. "Hans, Beyar ! I need some help here !" The 2 bouncers to the south respond to the call but, being blind, they can only move slowly.

Taking advantage of the fact he already had a tight grip on the wizard's shirt Voadam slides into a Lotus Petal stance and moves for an arm lock against the insulting "real wizard". Even blind, Voadam has little trouble in finding and violently twisting the smaller man's arm. The wizard cries out in pain as his arm gets nearly broken. combat: I rolled 13+5=18 for Voadam's CM and 4 on a d10 to see if he misses due to concealement (1 or 2 would have been misses, see the note at the end) which is enough for Voadam to start a grapple and inflict 3+2=5 damage to the wizard. I wasn't sure if you wanted to do real or nonlethal damage so correct me if I'm wrong.

"Let us go! We were attacked, too!" Rorgar shouts at the ulfen before the druid changes into some kind of hyena and growls to keep them away. The northerners don't seem to impressed by the transformation however and keep attacking. combat : 2-1(+4 circonstance bonus)=5 on the intimidate check. Not enough to unnerve Ulfen raiders.

"Thuvalia, help me ! This savage is breaking my arm." The wizard manages to say between cries of pain. Instead of trying to free himself from Voadam's strong grip, the wizard manages to grab a thin metal wand at his belt. He says a single word, "Blitz", the wand becomes energized with crackling electricity and it zaps Voadam. It's painful but Voadam has suffered through worse. combat : he manages to succeed his touch attack and the concealment miss chance. 2 points of electricity damage.

Wanting to take out the wizard before she casts too many more spells, Ti opts for quantity over quality and attacks the thug with a flurry of hands and feet. Unfortunately, he was off balance from his previous kick and he ended up punching air.

Up in his cage, Old Scratch the imp can be heard laughing at the fights unfolding below him. "Hahahahahahaha, yes, yes, fight and wreck the place. That will teach Old Vancaskerkin a leason ! Hahahahahahaha ..."

The northern raiders continue attacking the pair in the Goblin Tankard. One of them jumps over his fallen companion and tries to take Kronk's axe away from him. All he succeed is almost getting knockout too by the flat of the blade. The other 2 focus on Rorgar but only the one that can still see manages to land a solid punch on the feral druid. combat : One of the Ulfens tries to disarm Kronk, who misses on his AoO but the Ulfen also fails his CM roll. The blind one misses because of concealment while the other one manages to hit 'hyena' Rorgar for 4 more points of nonlethal damage.

Initiative
21 Dark-haired mage (Angvar ?) (blind, 5 points of damage, grappling)
21 Chan Ti
18 Old Scratch (the imp)
18 Ulfens (one is blinded, 1 is KO)
Stopping here
17 Tosh (stealth)
17 Tolly (blind)
16 One-eye woman (Thuvalia ?)
16 Kronk (5 points of nonlethal damage)
14 Sailors/Thieves (one of them has 5 points of nonlethal damage)
12 Bouncers (3 blinded, 1 still seeing, 2 KO)
7 Voadam (blind, 2 points of damage, grappling)
5 Rorgar (blind, 10 points of nonlethal damage)

OOC Grapple rules note : In the Pathfinder rules, you no longer need to succeed a touch attack to start a grapple. All you need is to succeed a CM check of a DC = 15 + opponent's CMB (most combat maneuvers work that way). This just starts the grapple. In following rounds, you need to succeed another check to maintain it but you gain a +5 bonus to the check and you can either move, damage or pin your opponent if you make the successful check. I'm going to rule that you can't miss due to concealement a check to maintain or escape a grapple if you're already grappling. Since Voadam was already in a 'half-grapple', I decided to 'ad-hoc' that he gained a +2 to his check (instead of +5), only has 20% chance to miss due to concealement and could do damage on the first round.

Edit : I forgot the map.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Getting angry and frustrated by the situation, Rorgar tries to bite one of the Ulfen!

[sblock=OOC]
Bite attack (1d20+5=10, 1d6+5=8)

[sblock=Stats]
Rorgar
AC 16 (T14, FF12), HP 16/16, F +3,R+1,W+4
Nonlethal Damage: 10

Att (Bite): +5 / 1d6+5

Spells prepared
o - Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance
1 - Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider

[/sblock][/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Voadam grunts at the lightning burn but does not slacken his grip. Instead he exerts his strength anew, applying pressure on the arm lock pushing Angvar's bones further in directions they are not designed to go. "Drop the shocking wand and yield, Angvar. You are outmatched here." Voadam growls.

Voadam mentally notes the name Thulvia and believes she was the one who cast the pyrotechnics spell.

ooc lethal damage to emphasize the point, I have a healing wand to stabilize him if he comes near to death.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Kronk growls like a feral animal, sliding to protect Rorgar's flank while lashing out recklessly at the Ulfen closest to the bar.

"Back to your cups, boys, before I turn this axe to its business edge!"

[sblock=OOC]
Kronk's attack and damage rolls: 1d20-2=9, 1d10+5=6.
5-foot step to the south.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=TRM]Having been spotted, the small dragon peers curiously up at the armed sailor with its goggled eyes. Seeing as the thug likely has his hands full with his own heist, the wyrm expects that he won't pay it much mind. Shrugging to display its own lack of aggression, the small slate colored dragon turns and moves away from the sailor to seek cover beneath a nearby table. Turning its attention back to the task at hand, Tosh approaches an unaware patron eyeing the person's valuables.

OOC: Hopefully the thug will hesitate long enough to forgo the opportunity to strike or chase after Tosh. The dragon continues on with its larcenous activities; moving stealthily while targeting the noble woman if she's still close at hand, or some other blinded patron otherwise.[/sblock]

The Rolling Man

First Post
Round 3 (start)

[Sblock=Ambrus]Hoping that the sailor will just ignore him, Tosh just ducks back under the table. He immediatly gets back to work and spots a nice silver ring on a dwarf that looks blinded. The dragon doesn't waste time in taking it away from him. Tosh also takes a quick look at the room but he can't seem to spot the noble lady.[/Sblock]
Tolly remains hidden under a table but all he can see are bright spots.

Up on the podium, the one-eyed woman makes a few complex gestures and speaks to the grappling pair. "Don't worry Angvar, your opponent is a fool. A ridiculous fool who likes to laugh at his own stories." Voadam isn't sure what she means by this at first but he soon finds the picture of him grappling with this thin mage incredibly funny. What starts as a giggle soon becomes a huge explosion of laughter. Voadam can't help himself. He soon loses his grip on the mage, falls to the ground and laughs so hard it hurts. Combat: Will save: 5-2=3, failure.

Kronk growls like a feral animal, sliding to protect Rorgar's flank while lashing out recklessly at the Ulfen closest to the bar. This time however, his swing is too wild and the northerner avoids it. The barman that served them earlier spring up from behind the bar and swing a big club at the Ulfen close to the bar. He misjudges the position of his target however and hits only air.

The sailors continue to try to eliminate the bouncers defending the gambling hall. The one that was heading north shrugs and keeps moving to one of the remaining guard. He aims for the blinded man's head but the bouncer heard him coming and moves out of the way. On the podium, now facing a guard armed with a sword, one of the sailor drops his sap and draws his thin rapier. After a few feints and parries, the sailor ends up beating the other man's defense and plunges his blade deep into his opponent's chest. (Combat: nasty crit) The remaining two sailors work together to flank Chan Ti. The agile monk ducks under one blow but get hits by a sap right in the middle of his back (Combat: Sneak attack for 8 points of nonlethal damage.).

The 2 bouncers to the south finally manage to get into the fight. Chan Ti reconizes one of them, it's Hans. They're still blinded but they both manage to hit one of the thieves with their morningstars. The thief is still standing but he's now badly wounded.

The one to the north thrust ahead with his shortsword but he doesn't hit his enemy.

Voadam is on the ground laughing by himself.

Getting angry and frustrated by the situation, Rorgar tries to bite one of the Ulfen. The blind animal-druid manage to bite into one of his opponent's studded leather armor but doesn't get a good enough grip to penetrate it.

With no one guarding the entrance, many clients close to it stumble out of the main doors, fleeing the heist.

Angvar, now free of Voadam's grip, strumbles blindly to the one-eyed woman. Those close enough hear him say: "Thank you, beauty. Your tricks have saved me again." "Just take care of the chest." She responds quickly. "I would, but I still can't see a thing."

Initiatives
21 Dark-haired mage (Angvar ?) (blind, 5 points of damage)
Stopping here
21 Chan Ti (8 points of nonlethat damage)
18 Old Scratch (the imp)
18 Ulfens (one is blinded, 1 is KO)
17 Tosh (stealth)
17 Tolly (blind)
16 One-eye woman (Thuvalia ?)
16 Kronk (5 points of nonlethal damage)
14 Sailors/Thieves (one of them has 5 points of nonlethal damage and another is badly wounded)
13 Barman (with club in hand)
12 Bouncers (3 blinded, 1 dead, 2 KOed)
7 Voadam (blind, 2 points of damage, prone and laughing for 1 round)
5 Rorgar (blind, 10 points of nonlethal damage)

Map

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Roaring with laughter

"Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!" Voadam rolls over and pounds the floor with his fist, still doubled over with guffaws of deep laughter.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Ha, ha!" Kronk guffaws. "Lay his scalp open, barkeep, and the next round's on me!"

The dwarf fighter lashes out again, but his attack -- although powerful -- is careless by any standard. Kronk then continues his cautious retreat toward the gambling hall.

[sblock=OOC]
Kronk's Rolls: 1d20-2=1, 1d10+5=9.
Even if Kronk gets a +2 attack roll bonus for flanking thanks to the barkeep, he's going to miss.
Another 5-foot step to the south (or southeast if the Ulfen moves to block Kronk).
[/sblock]

Remove ads