• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sinking Ever Deeper [IC] (HM Judging)

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim shakes his head approvingly at involving a local clergy for a service at sea "I think dat a clergy man at de sea service fer last words is 'propriate."

Fulgrim replies to Vincenzo "Look'd like dey had some tarps on da barge, likely bigger question is gettin' dem to the barge without notice."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo rubs his chn thinking, "We could place them in wardrobes and other funiture item be thrown out,"

IronWolf

blank
"Dat could do de trick." nodding his head at the idea as his eyes scan the room taking in the number of cloth wrapped corpses to be carried out.

Tark

First Post
Hurling the last of his breakfast into the corner Temarel coughed and spoke up.

"There's are two minor details you gentleman are forgetting. First is that this pile of corpses is not a subtle smell though I imagine your profession makes you grow used to such horrific odors but." Temarel stopped to dry heave for a second before continuing trying to hide his embarassment. But as you can see by myself and master boregarts reaction gentlefolk will take quite a bit of notice.

Lastly, there is the matter of transporting said furniture to sea. I highly doubt even the stout mr. Fulgrim fancies the idea of carrying an armoire filled with corpses to the canals."

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner 1

Elenka has been silent throughout the trip to the mansion and during the tour allowing her companions to comment and discuss things. Her nose wrinkles in a bit of distaste. "I clearly do not understand the burial customs of this land. In my home the dead are buried and a tree planted to guard the remains." She shakes her head. "Clearly that isn't possible here but still..."

"Nevertheless, this is what we have been hired to do. As I see it, this is much simpler than you are making it out to be. First, our employer has ensured that the workmen and servants are not here today. The only risk of detection is when filling the barge. And that matter can be eliminated by hanging tarps from the overhang. Once the barge is loaded they can be removed. Sensibilities and strange custom aside, this is the job."

Last edited:

Tark

First Post
[sblock=to glasseye]
OOC: Check the edit real fast. Forgot about the canals so i fixed it. Looks like you were writing your post as i noticed.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner 1

[sblock=Tark]Edited. It wasn't that big of a deal but I was a little uncertain of your meaning so that's why I posted as I did.[/sblock]

Elenka looks around at her new co-workers and smiles though it is apparent that the odors are getting to her also. "Sooner started, sooner completed. Or so said my Gran." So saying, the small woman reaches into a pouch at her belt and withdraws a seed that looks like it might be an acorn. Kneeling she places it on the floor and begins to sing. She clearly has no vocal training but she has a bit of natural talent. She sings an oddly enchanting little song that recalls the wind in the trees and as she sings the acorn cracks open and the sprout of a tree begins to grow...

It quickly grows into a sapling straight up and tall and growing taller second by second. The small tree spreads out branches and leaves and thickens until it towers over the girl and is wide as two men. It is clearly some sort of illusion as the tree appears to stand taller than the ceiling in the room. And when Elenka subtly changes her song the tree begins to change: branches fade away until only two massive limbs remain, a burl takes the shape of a head and finally the wood-man, Drevezh'korol, stands solidly before her. He gently places one hand on her head in greeting.

When the wood-man retrieves his hand Elenka stands and returns to her traveling companions. She smiles and inclines her head toward the wood-man. "This is my guardian, Drevezh'korol, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you shortened his name in some way."

The wood man makes a clumsy bow to those present and Elenka claps her hands together obviously eager to get the job completed and out to fresher air. "So, shall we begin?"

SJRSamurai

First Post
"With appropriate incense, the smell could be masked as well, making the trip to sea undetected as well as more pleasant for all of us. I thank you mister Boregart for agreeing to provide a clergy man for these poor folks, I propose we begin immediatly and get this business done as quickly and quietly as possible." says Zoryk.

Turning to the wood-man, the sorcerer says: "Greetings Drev, I am Zoryk Wolfheart, glad to make your acquaintance."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Drev, we meet again." says Vincenzo he bows in greeting the tree creature. He then walks over to the wardrobe and opens it to see what may be inside, if anything. if there is nothing at in the wardrobe, as eh will take a 20 to search it, he will look dubiously at the slimey wrapped remains.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol nods his head, carved to resemble the Green Man icons of the southern Baronies, in greeting to Zoryk. "The pleasure is mine, Master Wolfheart. It is good to find another spirit of the wild in this oddly overbuilt place."

He turns his attention to Vincenzo. "Ah, we work together, again, Vincenzo. Although it seems your rapier will be of less use on this job than the last. I presume we are not here to move furniture?" He eyes the stacked bodies but makes no comment on them.

Drevezh'korol surveys the rest of the group and though his eyes linger on Temarel's guardian for a moment he turns to Fulgrim. "It is an honor to again work with one of the dwarves."

Both Elenka and the wood-man have blue-white runes emblazoned upon their foreheads that seem to radiate with the cold.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +3

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Ref: +2 Will: +4

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 2/2 remaining.

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +3 Ref: +1 Will: +2

In Hand: nothing
Conditions: -[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads