• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sinking Ever Deeper [IC] (HM Judging)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Yes master Drev, my rapier will be of limited use here to day, unless there are restless dead hiding in that mass waiti9ng to seek revenge on its killer." *shudder*

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl 1 Elemental Sorcerer

Looking around the room, Zoryk tries to locate a tarp so that he can go hang it from the overhang as Elanka suggested. As he hears Vicenzo mention walking dead, the half-elf stops dead in his tracks, mumbling beneath his breath, Zoryk's eyes turn into two small ball of flames and he begins looking around.

[sblock=occ] Cast Detect Magic [/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Visil retreats, taking his glowing light with him. The shadows in the room pour over you and the room grows darker. The darkness feels as if it presses even closer as talk turns to the restless dead. The arrival of Drevezh'korol gives you a better feeling knowing there is another ally to aid you. Zoryk turns his magical gaze upon the room but sees no auras amid the remains.

Vincenzo moves to the wardrobe and inspects it. It lies on its front where the doors are inaccessible. Grasping one side he lifts it and tumbles it on its side so that the doors can open. The boards beneath it creak ominously and sag... then they break and the wardrobe slips through. The hole widens rapidly and the whole floor begins to sag. Bodies tumble and slip into the gap. Vincenzo turns to run but the floor beneath him disappears as well. With a horrendous tearing noise, the rest of the floor gives way and everyone tumbles into the darkness.

An unknown time later you wake up in near darkness. A dim green glow comes from somewhere nearby. With a groan you sit up and look around you. Around you is the rest of the party covered with bits of debris from the collapsed floor. Nearby is the tumbled mound of bodies and chunks of wood. Looking up you can see nothing but darkness but you can hear creaking.

The dim light seems to be coming from a patch of glowing lichen on a nearby wall. The air here is salty and wet. The floor beneath you seems to be waterlogged and rotten wooden planks. Without a real light it is hard to see beyond that.

Fulgrim, Temerel, Zoryk
[SBLOCK]
With your enhanced sight you can see far more than your companions in the near-blackness. You are in a large room with wooden floors and sagging walls. A large mound of debris and bodies mark where the floor started to collapse. The smashed remains of a wardrobe lies nearby. You see a boarded up wooden door across the room from you. Above you the ceiling was nearly 20' up and now a tangled mass of wrecked walls and floors hangs precariously balanced.
[/SBLOCK]

SJRSamurai

First Post

"Is everyone alright?" asks the young sorcerer as he draws his dagger, once more mumbling under his breath, a bright white flame surrounds the blade of the weapon and then vanishes leaving an orange light on the blade of the weapon

[sblock=occ] Cast Light on dagger [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I think i am ok, " responds Vincenzo tenatively, " sorry about every one. i didn't expect that to happen." he digs around slowly and an Aha! is heard folowwed by a cracking sound and light pours into the rooms in addition to the glowing dagger as a sunrod is activated.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim finishes nodding to Drevezh'korol in greeting just before the floor collapses.

Coming to Fulgrim stands, axe appearing in hand as he quickly scans his surroundings, the darkness not seeming to bother him. Relaxing slightly he lowers his axe and brushes off his legs as the others stand and check themselves as Zoryk asks if everyone is okay.

"Aye, seem ta be in one piece still." Fulgrim replies. "Durned rotting floor. Ye won't be seein' dat in dwarves structures."

Fulgrim will assist anyone up that needs help, keeping his axe at hand while he helps keep people together.

"Guess'n we need ta find a way back ta the top, eh?

[sblock=OOC]

Perception check

[/sblock]

SJRSamurai

First Post

"We don't have much choice, it's either up or through that door, the good news is that I've not seen any magical auras on those corpses, which means they should not rise." says the young sorcerer as he tries to brush off debris from his clothes. He then moves to assist the others.

Tark

First Post
Temarel groaned as he felt himself come into consciousness. He was bodily lifted by Sauvressa from the debris. In the dim light her eyes looked sad.

"You are hurt?"

Temarel shook his head and gestured downward. Releasing him Sauvressa stared at him with concern in her eyes. Looking around he blinked as the light came on and temporarily blinded him. Looking up he whistled at the state of the floor they came from.

"I'm afraid we will not be ascending with any kind of ease." Looking around he saw the bodies that had fallen all around him and frowned. "I'm afraid our priorities may have changed. We may be journeying into the dark forgotten remains of the city. I do not relish the idea."

Slamming bodily into Drevezh'korol without noticing he stumbles for words as he backed off towards Sauvressa before speaking. "O-Oh! Uh..Um. Didn't see you there fellow. Um, I suppose the fact that I haven't been torn limb from limb is reason to think you aren't here to hurt me yes? Ok good.

Sauvressa wordlessly strode past them hardly paying any heed to the passive wooden man before stopping in front of the door and giving it a long hard stare. "Evil dwells in such dark places."

[sblock=ooc]In other news my character has yet to be approved. Blah. :/[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka & Drev

"Easy there," says Drevezh'korol as he steadies Temarel with a light touch of his massive wooden hands. He quickly releases the fellow when Temarel backs away. "Leshya? Where are you?" His voice sounds a bit worried as he scans the room now lightened by the wonders of magic and alchemy.

"I'm here. And better than could otherwise be expected." When she comes into the lighter area of the room everyone can see she is covered in dust and rotten splinters of wood and she sports a purpling bruise on her forehead just next to her summoner's rune. She lifts her skirt to step over a corpse that has lost half its wrapping in the tumble. "Now what?"

Remove ads