• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sinking Ever Deeper [IC] (HM Judging)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Fulgrim nods at Vincenzo's observations "Den door it is." Fulgrim replies.

Fulgrim moves closer to the door and waits to make sure the others are prepared for whatever might be on the other side before acting. He motions for people to give him a clear path to door, walks up, pushes on the wood a bit and then moves back about ten feet. "Ready?

When the companions are ready .. .. .. .. "Door's open.
Vincenzo will salute the dwarf with this rapier and ready himselff to attack any thing that acts offensive.

A crowbar? Oh! I think I have one of those. Fidgeting in his backpack for a moment he pulled a long length of steel with a crook at both ends. He had a small smile as he held it out that quickly disappeared as fulgrim took his boot to the door. "So no on the crowbar?

Putting it away with a mild look of disappointment Sauvressa tensed and brought her other hand to her glaive as the door crumpled beneath the dwarf's efforts.

"sorry, He beat you to it, but that is exactly what I was asking for."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Beyond the darkened portal now lined with jagged splinters like horrid fangs lies... an empty room. Tentatively stepping across that dread threshold you find yourself standing in a room slightly smaller than the one behind you. The floor here squelches underfoot and slopes sharply downward. Half of the room is covered in standing water. The water is filled with silt and you are unable to gauge its depth or contents. The air has a salty taste to it. On the floor to the right of the doorway are still some short bits of board like what was used on the door. You can see no other doors or exits from this room.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim tentatively crosses the threshold to the other room. "Dis construction ain't real reassurin'" Fulgrim states. "Can't see nothin' in dat water."

Fulgrim remains standing, axe at the ready as he scans the room with his eyes for any possible indications of other exits or disturbance from within the water.

[sblock=OOC]

Perception Check -- 1d20+5=13

[/sblock]

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl1 Elemental Sorcerer

"Please tell me we won't have to swim" says the sorcerer as he remains in his position waiting if Fulgrim found something

Scott DeWar

"why do you say .. .. .. .." Vincenzo poke shis head in the newley discovered room, "Oh. Hrmmmm"

Tark

First Post
Sauvressa entered the room and stared at the water hard as if to dare it into some kind of offensiveness towards them.

[sblock=Sauvressa's perception]21

She will also attempt to intimidate the water. Yes, the player knows it's impossible but Sauvressa has a 7 int so forgive her her foibles[/sblock]

Temarel peeked inside next to Vincenzo. "Huh. I'm a terrible swimmer. I'm just thankful father didn't decide that I should be king of the seas..."

IronWolf

blank
"Dat water is movin'. P'haps a hole er openin' lettin' da sea in?" Fulgrim states with doubt in his voice.

"Not a fan 'o water meself. Anyone gotta' way to check it out?

Scott DeWar

"I can swim decent with no armor on. On a light note, we found a way to bury these bodies at sea." He says this as he leaves his backpack and armor at his feet.

"do you have enough light that i can take this with me?" He says this while holding up the sunrod.

IronWolf

blank
"Sometimes when we send dwarves inta' an untouched tunnel we rope 'em up case we hafta' pull 'em out in a hurry. Fulgrim says as Vincenzo starts removing his armor and backpack. "Might'n help 'ere case ye run inta' trouble in dat water.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads