• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smackdown? Orc Barbarian?

reapersaurus

Explorer
Zhure said:
Half-orcs and Orcs can qualify for Tribal Protector. Wild Fighting at second level allows them the use a Flurry of Blows like ability with any weapon. Coupled with that 22 STR and a greatsword, thats a bucket of damage.
Where is Tribal Protector from?

And Blessed of Gruumsh is pretty unimpressive as i remember other than that once-per-day smackdown thing.

Mighty Contender of Kord would beat that guy into the ground unless he went in one round.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Re: Re: Smackdown? Orc Barbarian?

Hypersmurf said:

Well, at 6th, you'll definitely want to take Leadership.

Even with a leadership score of 25+, you're still limited to about 160 followers, though, so I'm not quite sure where you'll acquire a Mongol Horde from...

-Hyp.
Still, you could take Leadership multiple times. Also, some prestige classes give some nice abilities for this, too.

Example: Dread Pirate gives some Leadership bonuses. And at 10th level in Dread Pirate, you can get enough men for a small fleet. In addition to anything from Leadership, that is.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
reapersaurus said:
Blessed of Gruumsh is pretty unimpressive as i remember other than that once-per-day smackdown thing.
Still, those luck bonuses to AC are nice. :cool:

EOL

First Post
eXodus said:
how did you manage a 22 strength at 2nd level?

but my advise is as such. if you are so damned big, burly and strong focus on weapons that take advantage of this. use two handed weapons for the 1.5 strength damage bonus. get weapon focus in it. specialize in it. get improved critical in it.

you will have loads of hit points, a weapon that hurts a lot. that is the strategy you should use.

I have to agree with strength like that I would take one weapon and become a god with it.

Jairami

First Post
Re: Why orc?

Darklone said:
Why don't you go for minotaur? Or troll?

+8 Str. Could as well be a former human who was cursed.

Because an Ogre is +10 STR with less ECL (according to the DMG). ECL after a while begins to become a serious pain.

Vander

First Post
Re: Re: Why orc?

Jairami said:

Because an Ogre is +10 STR with less ECL (according to the DMG). ECL after a while begins to become a serious pain.

Also, an Orc has an ECL of 0. Great for starting with my other party members at 1st level.

I play him with a sense of humor (snorting around the table at times). He is stupid enough to think he will someday be ruler of all lands, and has ambitions to conquer everywhere (ala his orc heritage).

Don't think I will use GReatsword, cuz its too common. Heavy Pick and Greatclub for now. More barbaric and gruesome weapons. I have played some very wierd characters in my 19 years of roleplaying (everything gets old), so Gorbag Skullcrusher is a breath of fresh air.

He is easy to play (" I attack"), and fun to roleplay (*snort*).

novyet

First Post
Take a look over here

I see ruleslawyer beat me to it, but it's still a pretty good combo.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads