So, I bet that the d12 is getting kicked to the curb...

hazel monday

First Post
I can't believe anyone is actually in favor of getting rid of any dice. Dice are one of the most important aspects of the game. How can someone play D&D and not love dice? They're part part of the soul of the game.
Getting rid of the d12? The d12 is the funky go-getter of dice. The d4 is the stubborn mule of dice. Getting rid of any dice would diminish the spirit of the game.
Besides, there's already a diceless , soulless version of D&D. It's called WOW. If you don't like dice in D&D, then tune in, turn on, & drop out to WOW.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I'm far from being a grognard but they better keep the classic gamut of polyhedral dice including the d12!!!

One of the best things about D&D is being able to roll different dice and when I was young and first started playing, those "funny" dice were seriously one of the things that got me interested in the game. This is one sacred cow that deserves protection.

drothgery

First Post
Eh. I wouldn't mind a bit if d4s (which don't roll well, and provide incentive to saddle wizards with inadequate hit points) and d12s (which pretty much aren't used for anything but barbarian hit points and greataxes) were written out of the game. And anything that normally uses more than 3 dice should use d6s.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
A few random thoughts:

I wouldn't miss d4s if they went away-- but those d4-compliant d12s are just too cool.

I could also happily convert my game to d6s and d20s (and no other dice).

Any game that uses fixed hit points has one less reason to use d12s-- which at last count means there would be only one reason to roll d12s-- the greataxe.

I've recently talked one of my fellow players (a barbarian) into "All Power Attack, All the Time" so the d12 will continue getting a workout in our current campaign for the foreseeable future. He rolls a lot of 12s, too. Second place would be 11s. I don't recall him rolling less than an 8, in fact. I wonder if that plucky d12 is coming off the pine and showing the coach what he's got.

Navior

First Post
Where's the love for the d30? The only use my d30 ever gets is when I decide to spin it like a top. And wow, can it spin! The d30 needs more love.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I use d12s, d16s and d30s in my games, perhaps not as often as the others (but probably more often than most b/c of some house rules), and I want to see them ALL included.

MORE DICE!

And I love that d4s are like caltrops.

Remove ads