D&D 5E So long and thanks for all the fish!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
e31.jpg

rgoodbb

Adventurer
A dragon roared it’s lonely gutter-lope beyond the icy peak.

Sister Hermione, of the Ye Olde Tongue Domain Started her War-Chant:

“Come thou mere lackbeards for thyne ist the time anon yay thrice of it and we would all but forsook that which be mightier than the woe of imperious expectations for all that hath dealt a blow. This very blow, this but the be all and end all of happenstance. Nay brothers, I should sound hornish of alarm do you say? the battle is afoot and all of every man and babe be relinquished in the light of but a forlorn hope ne’re do I subscribe to thyne heretical apostrophes, indeed I would verily sneeze my unctuous vex yonder to thyne breast to confound your very scales with the scorn of a robber robbed, such ist the might of a woman watched and a woman wandered, such ist the cry of the watch-guard burdened with the hither and nither for those that would nay to yield, such ist the…..”

“Uhm Hermione?”

“And thou with hath wouldst surely…What?”

“It wasn’t a Dragon”

“What”

“It was an accident”

“What do you mean?”

“I pulled my own finger…”

BoldItalic

First Post
Throg shook himself awake. It was morning and a thin grey mist lay over the land. The campfire had burned out and he felt a chill creeping into his bones. He looked around for the others. They were not there. He was alone.

A raven flew down, holding a scrap of parchment in its beak. Throg took the parchment and gave the raven a piece of mackerel in exchange. The raven did not wait but flew off, croaking "so long, and thanks for all the fish" as it departed.

Throg looked at the parchment. It seemed important. He shrugged, and put it into his belt pouch. One day, he thought, he would find someone who could read and they would tell him what it meant. For now, he would run swiftly south-east towards the rising sun. This was always a good thing to do, for it was pleasant to have the warmth of the sun on one's face.

Far above in the heavens, a god smote the table and raged. "You were supposed to read the note and get the next clue to the boss quest!" thundered the god. "I spent hours on this next encounter and I had all the tactics worked out for the mountain trolls!"

But Throg did not hear the angry god and went his way.

Meanwhile ...

Remove ads