• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So Mad Can't See (Update 09/10; Victory!)

Aeolius

Adventurer
Simplicity said:
you could try catching the cats with a live-trap. And then dying them a variety of colors.

Now THIS one I like, so long as you also douse the cat with 4 gallons of cheap perfume. :D

And now....

It is now WAR!

And the enemy has experienced its first casualty. (Our side has been restricted to various aerial scouts).

The orange cat is now dead. Animal Control took it to 8 different houses (including the lady whose basement it always runs into when we chase it off). No one claimed it (in fact, that lady and her husband never even came too the door; despite having lights on & both cars in the yard; yes, they park in their yard).

The cat was too wild to even touch. It was vicious and tried to claw and bite everything, including other cats. In effect, they were left with no option but to put it down. The lady at Animal Control even made a 2nd attempt at the various houses to find an owner. No luck.

Cats that wild are impossible to put up for adoption, thus the cat was destroyed on Friday.

The cat is gone. I'm relieved. I'm sad a potential loving pet was turned into a dangerous menace. But, things are better with it gone.

As for the other cat (the one that's the biggest menace), it has declared total war upon us. It has begun to crap openly (not even trying to bury it), it is marking every available surface. It has finally had enough & is going to drive us out of his 'territory'. He has resorted to Chemical Warfare (Big pile of Cat Crap right in front of our back door; it was returned-thrown in front of his 'door'; woman's open basement window).

We are, at present, observing a cease-fire, waiting on Official Aid. Said aid was to come in the form of Animal Control setting the Live-Catch Cage on Friday.

This never occurred.

On Friday, around noon or so a three year old girl was attacked and mauled by a cat. She described it to her parents as 'Slobbery'. Rabies was the parents' first thought. Animal Control, aided by police, was brought in to try to find this animal. It was found. It appeared rapid & was put (via a police issue .38) down. The little girl is undergoing treatment pending test results on the corpse.

This was in a suburban neighborhood. Much like the very one in which we live. The cat even had a flea collar (though no tags). Our town's small enough that the cat's (and whatever bit it, raccoon most likely) range could have easily included our back yard.

Thank god, this girl told her parents the cat was 'slobbery', and that they recognized how serious it could (and was) be. A real tragedy was potentially avoided this weekend.

I'm not holding Animal Control responsible for not putting the Trap back out. They had more important things to worry about. Moreover, they are getting serious about nailing strays.

Our cat enemy will be caught (there is a girl about the same age as the victim three doors down). The lady with Animal Control has had it with people refusing to get their cats shots.

"If it doesn't have tags, it doesn't have shots. If it doesn't have shots, we're taking it in. If it is too wild to handle, we will be forced to destroy it". I'm pretty sure that when they catch this cat, it's going to be too wild to tame and no one is going to answer the door at the house it hides in.

Hell, if they could prove she's letting them live there, they might try to charge her with having an animal without a license. But it's hard to prove, and just is a real mess, unless you got some sort of extenuating circumstance (say digital pictures or a rapid cat).

I'll be content with this cat going bye-bye.

So let me say this so it's very understandable:

GET YOUR CATS ITS SHOTS!!!!!!!

PS. The cat she actually HAS a tag for, we have not seen since Animal Control told her they were putting out traps. Funny little coincidence, ain't it?

Nyaricus

First Post
Yikes, that is terrible with that young girl, and uckily her parents were not the... ill-educated "brains of a chicken will of a camel"-type inhabiting your neighborhood. I she's okay :)

ANd good news on the 1 cat being gone for sure, and the next nuisanace on it's way :)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Vraille Darkfang said:
And the enemy has experienced its first casualty. (Our side has been restricted to various aerial scouts).
You should put cat icons on the back of your car for each cat taken down.

kenobi65

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Makes me want to get PC icons for every PC I kill as a GM... :]

There was a guy I once had for a DM in a Living City game at GenCon, some years ago, whose DM screen was hand-made, and covered with little stick-figures, each one depicting a PC death under his watch (and the litttle stick-figures each conveyed the manner of death, some with their heads cut off, others on fire, etc., along with the date of death).

buzzard

First Post
kenobi65 said:
There was a guy I once had for a DM in a Living City game at GenCon, some years ago, whose DM screen was hand-made, and covered with little stick-figures, each one depicting a PC death under his watch (and the litttle stick-figures each conveyed the manner of death, some with their heads cut off, others on fire, etc., along with the date of death).

We have a judge who does all the local cons here who had T-shirts printed up.

"I was killed by Weeda the Evil and all I got was this T-shirt"

buzzard

The more I read this the worse I feel for you.

Though the duct tape on the fence did bring a smile to me......... :]

If it is just a thing of proving the cats use her basement then would a motion sensitive camera aimed at the window work?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I had a couple of bonsai trees that got attacked by squirrels. After one of the trees died, I covered the other one in red pepper.

That did the trick...but the tree died anyway- its injuries were too severe.

You might invest in a great deal of red pepper to sprinkle around your property line and/or your flower beds.

It won't harm your plants, but it should irritate the kitties' noses and eyes...and digestive tracts (after they start grooming themselves. It may just drive them off.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads