• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"....so we tossed the jerk out...."

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Darth Mikey said:
I agree with everything you said, except this one statement.

Without totally derailing the thread, I'd like to make a couple of points:

One: US vaccinations have a high mercury (as a preservative) content. This is bad.

This information is outdated. Few vaccinations for kids under 6 have mercury as a preservative these days and the ones that do all have non-mercury preservative alternatives as well as mercury in trace amounts below the EPA's limits (assuming the child weighs at least 3 kg and isn't being dosed daily with the vaccine).

I'll admit there's plenty of debate of the effects of the mercury preservative on the cognitive health of children, but complaints have actually been heeded and alternative methods of preventing vaccine contamination are being practiced.

It's also worth noting that you shouldn't seek advice on children's vaccinations from random people on message boards.

Now back to your regularly scheduled stories-about-bad-behavior-that-are-themselves-descending-into-bad-behavior....

Darth Mikey

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
It's also worth noting that you shouldn't seek advice on children's vaccinations from random people on message boards.

Now back to your regularly scheduled stories-about-bad-behavior-that-are-themselves-descending-into-bad-behavior....

Ah, but that's the beauty of it. It was enirely UN-soliticted!!!

So :p

:D

Kristivas

First Post
Darth Mikey said:
Ah, but that's the beauty of it. It was enirely UN-soliticted!!!

So :p

:D

High mercury bleh, I had my kids vaccinated. There's no way I'd increase their chances of getting the measels or mumps or syphilis or somesuch..

erm.. wait.. syphilis? Anyway, the point is, the guy that post was made about sounds like a real horses behind and it's disturbing to me that someone wouldn't do everything they can to keep their little ones safe.

Then again, opinions may vary of safety, but I generally abide by five simple rules.
1. Being sick is bad.
2. Being hungry is bad (unless they just want more sweets lol).
3. Being ignored is bad.
4. Ignoring the importance of school is bad.
5. Letting my daughter date before she's 20 is bad!!

Simple childhood rearing can be figured out with that as a guideline, at least in my household.

Storm Raven

First Post
billd91 said:
This information is outdated. Few vaccinations for kids under 6 have mercury as a preservative these days and the ones that do all have non-mercury preservative alternatives as well as mercury in trace amounts below the EPA's limits (assuming the child weighs at least 3 kg and isn't being dosed daily with the vaccine).

I'll admit there's plenty of debate of the effects of the mercury preservative on the cognitive health of children, but complaints have actually been heeded and alternative methods of preventing vaccine contamination are being practiced.

Well, most of the studies on the issue seem to point towards the ill-effects of mercury as a preservative being vastly overrated: http://slate.msn.com/id/2123647/

sniffles

First Post
Kristivas said:
Then again, opinions may vary of safety, but I generally abide by five simple rules.
1. Being sick is bad.
2. Being hungry is bad (unless they just want more sweets lol).
3. Being ignored is bad.
4. Ignoring the importance of school is bad.
5. Letting my daughter date before she's 20 is bad!!

Simple childhood rearing can be figured out with that as a guideline, at least in my household.
Why do I hear all of the above in Mr. Mackey's voice? :D

Back on topic: We haven't kicked him out (he doesn't actually play currently with any group I'm in) but we used to have a player who would drink an entire 6-pack of cheap fruit-flavored sodas during each game session, despite being diabetic - they weren't diet sodas, either. And when he got excited he'd emit a high-pitched giggle and pat his hands together like a 3-year-old.
Hmm, maybe that's a good reason not to drink those cheap sodas. ;)

Sellis

First Post
3 bad people/groups in my D&D 'career':

1.) I've had the odd player who doesn't understand the rules or such, or a new player and with a little guidance they come away from your game with a greater understanding and appriecation of the rules. I hate players who make no attempt to learn the rules, throwing whatever they think they should have or is cool onto their character.

2.) Best friend. I don't know who I'm quoting (so, sorry in advance) but some wise person once said, "Another, 'Oh-my-friend-hit-me-the-back-of-the-head-with-a-2-by-4 and set-my-house-on-fire and kicked-me-in-the-groin, but I-don't-want-to-kick-him-out-since-he's-my-best-friend'." And so we ended up kicking my best friend out of the group. (Sidenote: I did not get kicked in the groin.)

3.) Away From Keyboard. I swear, this guy is a wall, zero emotions and no reactions. Not only did he not roleplay, he wouldn't do anything unless we prompted him. "Heh AFK, move your dwarven defender up a little." "Okay." "20 feet?" "Yeah, sure." We booted him too.

StupidSmurf

First Post
sniffles said:
Why do I hear all of the above in Mr. Mackey's voice? :D

Back on topic: We haven't kicked him out (he doesn't actually play currently with any group I'm in) but we used to have a player who would drink an entire 6-pack of cheap fruit-flavored sodas during each game session, despite being diabetic - they weren't diet sodas, either. And when he got excited he'd emit a high-pitched giggle and pat his hands together like a 3-year-old.
Hmm, maybe that's a good reason not to drink those cheap sodas. ;)

Awwww man....food-related offenses in a gaming group can be nasty, especially if combined with a generally unpleasant player. Hey, have any of you ever seen that old John Cusack movie "One Crazy Summer"? There's this scene where Cusack's character, in an effort to put a barrier between himself and this psycho blonde rich girl that he's on a date with, he buys this HUMONGOUS bag of popcorn. Almost like garbage-bag sized.

Well, what I left out of my original "Chicken Boy" posting was that CB sometimes would bring such a bag of popcorn and eat the whole thing. And it was truly a gross sight. Add to this his (admittedly not under his control) tendency to noisily generate a lot of phlegm, and you had just one very special evening in store! :)

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
This thread might fall under this category of "Threads that can be closed now because they have nowhere good to go."

Please, prove me wrong.

Remove ads