• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So what do/did you study in college? Did you bother with college?

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
I started another related thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=130779 about being done with school, and it got me wondering, "What do/did my fellow EN Worlders study?" I'm curious to see what D&Der's did with their brains when they weren't D&Ding.

I just started the pedagogy track of the English grad program here at my U. I have an B.A. in Secondary Ed. English/History. It took me forever, because I wanted to major in everything (including, but not limited to, Political Science, French, and Philosophy).

I'm guessing we'll see quite a few people with degrees in teaching, business, and computers. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people with history degrees, either, given our personal proclivities. :D

ElvishBard

First Post
I am starting college this fall, and majoring in psychology. I guess we'll have to wait until later on to find out if I stick with it, new students are known for changing majors like mad.

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
ElvishBard said:
I am starting college this fall, and majoring in psychology. I guess we'll have to wait until later on to find out if I stick with it, new students are known for changing majors like mad.

Ah...psych, my first major. Sadly, it was a mere fall semester romance at a community college before my intellectual promiscuity kicked in. Still, she was my first... :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
I'm majouring in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT. After toying with some possible double-majours (especially Math, which is pathetically easy to pull off with CS), I'm probably just going to pull out with a Masters in Engineering after 4 years and a minor or two thanks to all my Literature, History, and Theatre courses.

Got my BA in Anthropology, but not before going through Television Production and Theater majors on the way.

I avoided math and computer classes like the plague, and now I work in computer support. :uhoh: Still get to feel like i'm in school 10 years after graduating, as I now work at UVA in the library. Still take classes on occasion too, just for fun.

Mercule

Adventurer
I started out in Chemical Engineering, but decided I didn't enjoy that.

Ultimately, I got a BA in Political Science with a minor in Philosophy.

I was one class away from a minor in History, too, but they didn't tell me until I was cashing out that I was that close.

Of course, with all that, I program computers for a living.

Remove ads