D&D General So, You Like The D&D Cartoon Huh? Pre-order Poseable Figures!

Target (in the US) is selling exclusive poseable 6-inch scale action figures of the 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon characters. They're available for pre-0rder for $49.99 the set including Venger and the Dungeon Master, and you can get some of the kid heroes, along with some giant dice, separately...

Target (in the US) is selling exclusive poseable 6-inch scale action figures of the 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon characters. They're available for pre-0rder for $49.99 the set including Venger and the Dungeon Master, and you can get some of the kid heroes, along with some giant dice, separately.

veng.jpg

hank.jpg
dia.jpg
bobby.jpg

DaffCon1

Professional Lurker
I do the same, though I've gotten much more selective than I used to be. I look at but rarely buy Transformers and Star Wars figures, and I've gotten way, way too many Lego minifigs. (I actually made a point of getting an extra Mace Windu minifig, and an extra Nick Fury minifig, so I could swap their heads and have Jedi Master Fury.)

My most recent acquisition is a GI Joe B.A.T. -- a silly idea, but one I was enamored with when the original figure came out in the 80's, so I had to get this new, larger one.

teitan

Legend
No way Tiamat is only $100 unless it's not remotely to scale. The Tiamat mini from WizKids is $400 MSRP and would be too small to be at scale with these figures. LOL
Yeah but that is pricing by WizGouge who make GW blush in embarrassment at the prices they slapped on their low quality plastic products. Hasbro sells Titan class transformers for 170 dollars. Tiamat would probably be about Commander Class size so about 80-100.

dave2008

Legend
Yeah but that is pricing by WizGouge who make GW blush in embarrassment at the prices they slapped on their low quality plastic products. Hasbro sells Titan class transformers for 170 dollars. Tiamat would probably be about Commander Class size so about 80-100.
How big are titan class transformers? I did a calculation earlier in the thread and a to scale Tiamat should be around 30-36" tall.

EDIT: According to amazon they are only 24" +/- tall. So they need to go little bigger for Tiamat. And this transformer is a bit more than $170!

1664804472592.png

Product Dimensions5.98 x 24.02 x 14.49 inches

EDIT 2: Earthwise Titan transformer is 4" smaller and only costs $218. Not sure why this one is so expensive. I found another one for $189 and another 24" tall one for about $450

Last edited:

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
I feel like you may be expecting a lot more realism from these action figures from a decades-old cartoon show than they're likely to deliver.
That's fair. I don't actually expect them to make a Tiamat even remotely to the right scale, but I think we'd be getting a relatively small looking Tiamat if it were "only" $100. LOL

Plus, I think they'd have to make it look pretty decent if they were going to do it at all. These figures are actually pretty good representations of the characters from the TV show. Heck, even the original LJN Tiamat, while by no means a "beautiful" toy, didn't look terrible for the time, all things considered. :)

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
WizKids' pricing is definitely elevated since the pandemic, but even considering a reasonable reduction in price to what it probably would have been prior to the supply chain issues, it still would be well above $100.

And it's kinda funny to me see American Transformers used as a contrast to low quality plastic products. ;)

teitan

Legend
How big are titan class transformers? I did a calculation earlier in the thread and a to scale Tiamat should be around 30-36" tall.

EDIT: According to amazon they are only 24" +/- tall. So they need to go little bigger for Tiamat. And this transformer is a bit more than $170!

View attachment 263067

Product Dimensions5.98 x 24.02 x 14.49 inches

EDIT 2: Earthwise Titan transformer is 4" smaller and only costs $218. Not sure why this one is so expensive. I found another one for $189 and another 24" tall one for about $450
Because he’s out of production. He was $129 retail when he was originally released. The Earthrise Titan was Scorponok and he was almost an instant sell out so that’s a good price for a very sought after figure on the aftermarket. The Legacy Titan is 169. Scorponok, the Earthrise figure was 169 as well. Kingdom was 169 too. Scorponok is when they jumped to 169. I think next one is 189 but not announced yet.

Tiamat also won’t have the engineering of a Titan, I imagine she would be a pretty simple figure but the demand for Haslab products isn’t spectacular. The current Ghost Rider is losing backers and Unicron had to be extended to meet the goal. I don’t see Tiamat becoming a Haslab product, D&D is a big thing right now but the cartoon doesn’t quite hit the nostalgia buttons since it hasn’t been a constant presence like transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars etc. especially the cartoon. Probably be scaled like the large Dinosaurs or Surtur and company in Legends or a vehicle.

Last edited:

teitan

Legend
WizKids' pricing is definitely elevated since the pandemic, but even considering a reasonable reduction in price to what it probably would have been prior to the supply chain issues, it still would be well above $100.

And it's kinda funny to me see American Transformers used as a contrast to low quality plastic products. ;)
American Transformers are the same product as the Takara ones. Have been for 7 years now.

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
American Transformers are the same product as the Takara ones. Have been for 7 years now.
Oh? Interesting. I've been out of that game for a while now. I still remember the American Hasbro Transformers being absolute crap for the longest time, when they were trying to "simplify" the transformations because they apparently thought American kids couldn't figure out conversions that required more than 3 steps. LOL

I pretty much gave up on Transformers after the Masterpiece series, with the American versions having high percentage of plastic versus the full on diecast metal of the Takara ones.

Takara Optimus, Megatron and Starscream from that line for the win. :)

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
I pretty much gave up on Transformers after the Masterpiece series, with the American versions having high percentage of plastic versus the full on diecast metal of the Takara ones.
That was Alternators. Only changes for the US Masterpieces were colour schemes.

although technically I think a certain version of the Takara MP Rodimus is worse than the US version, though. MP Rodimus is infamous for his whole knees breaking problem

But, yeah, main line stuff failed to sell in Japan so they just went with the US versions as they were cheaper. Masterpiece still happens, there's a Skids on his way

Remove ads

Remove ads