D&D General So, You Like The D&D Cartoon Huh? Pre-order Poseable Figures!

Target (in the US) is selling exclusive poseable 6-inch scale action figures of the 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon characters. They're available for pre-0rder for $49.99 the set including Venger and the Dungeon Master, and you can get some of the kid heroes, along with some giant dice, separately...

Target (in the US) is selling exclusive poseable 6-inch scale action figures of the 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon characters. They're available for pre-0rder for $49.99 the set including Venger and the Dungeon Master, and you can get some of the kid heroes, along with some giant dice, separately.

veng.jpg

hank.jpg
dia.jpg
bobby.jpg

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
That was Alternators. Only changes for the US Masterpieces were colour schemes.
Yep. Got the Binaltech and Masterpiece series mixed up all the time because they were all basically collector grade fully die cast awesome Transformers. LOL
although technically I think a certain version of the Takara MP Rodimus is worse than the US version, though. MP Rodimus is infamous for his whole knees breaking problem
I never got my hands on that one, so I can't say from experience. I'm actually more upset at myself for not pulling the trigger on Hot Rod as that was my preferred version of the character (I actually hated Rodimus Prime as a kid for some reason that I can no longer remember LOL).
But, yeah, main line stuff failed to sell in Japan so they just went with the US versions as they were cheaper. Masterpiece still happens, there's a Skids on his way
Nice. I still have my Alternators Skids. I wasn't a huge fan of the character back in the original series of toys, but I loved the concept of the Alternators/Binaltech/Masterpiece so much that I bought even characters I had zero interest in. LOL

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
I never got my hands on that one, so I can't say from experience. I'm actually more upset at myself for not pulling the trigger on Hot Rod as that was my preferred version of the character (I actually hated Rodimus Prime as a kid for some reason that I can no longer remember LOL).
I think the regular version should be around? Or the reissue with Firebolt (I'd recommend the reissue with Firebolt as I am a sucker for the darker crimson character model)

and honestly Hot Rod's toy was always better than Rodimus' so can't blame you

And uh, well. The Rodimus mold has a very simple issue: Its knees explode. Engineering fault across all versions of the mold. But, this is particularly bad on the Takara exclusive Black Rodimus, who has this teal plastic that just explodes if you try to transform

ko6ux

Adventurer
Venger and Dungeon Master have arrived.

FYI the packaging is terrible if you aren't an open box collector. There are no display windows in the box and figures are enclosed in paper envelopes inside.
1673393686476.png

ko6ux

Adventurer
This package does include a cardboard backdrop for displaying the figures in front of, however, which is kind of unexpected.

1673393798174.png

1673393815218.png

I don't think I will use this for displaying the figures, but now I kind of want to turn this into a DM's Screen.

Sadly only one of the panels folds open in the correct direction to use it as such, so some modification will be needed.

1673393907662.png

ko6ux

Adventurer
The rest of the kids in this wave have arrived now.
These figures are ... not the greatest quality. They definitely do not compare with Star Wars Black Series, Marvel Legends, or GI Joe Classified figures. But it's still cool to see these old characters get some modern merch.

1673563694446.png

Also, I hope these have sold well enough to get a second wave with the remaining characters. If for no other reason than to complete the dice set.

1673564120951.png

The rest of the kids in this wave have arrived now.
These figures are ... not the greatest quality. They definitely do not compare with Star Wars Black Series, Marvel Legends, or GI Joe Classified figures. But it's still cool to see these old characters get some modern merch.

View attachment 272216

Also, I hope these have sold well enough to get a second wave with the remaining characters. If for no other reason than to complete the dice set.

View attachment 272217
Looks like wave 2 is on it's way.

Remove ads

Remove ads