D&D 5E Solasta: Crown of the Magister Gets a Dungeon Builder

Scribe

Legend
Ohhhhh man.

I've been looking at this one without pulling the trigger after getting burned on the Baldurs Gate EA.

If we can MOD this game plus a Dungeon builder?!?

Many years could end up getting dumped into this game.

Neverwinter Nights modding taught me the fundamentals of coding. :D

jgsugden

Legend
Ohhhhh man.

I've been looking at this one without pulling the trigger after getting burned on the Baldurs Gate EA.
So you had not even played it when you went on and on about how much better it was than BG III? Or were you basing that all on the skimpy sample?

Solasta may be fun, but without the full D&D license, it is going to miss so much that I want to see in the game.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
So you had not even played it when you went on and on about how much better it was than BG III? Or were you basing that all on the skimpy sample?

Solasta may be fun, but without the full D&D license, it is going to miss so much that I want to see in the game.
From those that have played both.....it is closer to 5e than BGIII....but I'm not one of them, so I can't say if they are right or not. It really is D&D, regardless of how much of a license it has.

Scribe

Legend
Video's, YouTube comparison, reviews, looking over the forums, sample, whatever, I put a lot of time into BG3, and you dont even need that much time, I assume you are aware of all the issues it has?

Doesnt really matter for Solasta though.

If Solasta allows for mods, considering they ARE trying to implement 5e faithfully, then we can put in the rest of what we want anyway.

I have played and own both, and while BG3 has the better graphics and cut scenes, I far prefer Solasta. I have around 83 ish hours into bg3 since EA and 348 into Solasta. (I have completed EA content with a variety of parties). Solasta is more on rails (currently, though the new patch adds more side quests), but overall I prefer the closer to table top implementation it uses. The new feats go along way to addressing the lackluster melee performance (at least as written on the spring patch announcement). This is a great game.

Scribe

Legend
I have played and own both, and while BG3 has the better graphics and cut scenes, I far prefer Solasta. I have around 83 ish hours into bg3 since EA and 348 into Solasta. (I have completed EA content with a variety of parties). Solasta is more on rails (currently, though the new patch adds more side quests), but overall I prefer the closer to table top implementation it uses. The new feats go along way to addressing the lackluster melee performance (at least as written on the spring patch announcement). This is a great game.
Is there any confirmation one way or another on mods? I wasnt able to find anything on the forums about it.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases