SolosAddie Pathfinder RHOD Game

SolosAddie

Explorer
It's the start of what looks to be a sunny, warm summer day (beginning of summer fyi). You all have been travelling several days, and you should reach the town of Drellin's Ferry this late afternoon, the first town of any size you come to in Elsir Vale.

OOC: [sblock]
Chellexian wizard, you have been told of a wizard in Drellins Ferry that may know more about what you're interested in. Dalyn and Jon, Drellin's Ferry is close to the Wrymsmoke Mountains where the Broken Knife goblins came from. If something is coming out of the mountains they are the first in danger.
[/sblock]
Feel free to post out how you start your day, and eventually how you're traveling (what order, etc.)

Last edited:

nothingpoetic

First Post
Brutus Tarsi looks up from his task at hand. He tugs at the straps securing his bedroll to his pack, and attaches the waterskin onto the strap that allows it to be within easy reach. As he stands up, he adjusts his armor, and looks up at the sky. Looks like its gonna be another good travel day, though probably warmer that I would like He says more to himself than to anyone else.

He looked at his companions and smiled, they had been traveling together for a few days, all heading to the same place, less because they had anything they were doing together. Drellin's Ferry was their destination, and they would arrive soon. Once we arrive it will be down to business for me. He pulled out one at a time his short swords he wore on either hip, inspecting the hilt, the blade, and ensuring they had been cleaned. He resisted the urge to polish them once more, but only slightly so. He looked around waiting for his companions to show signs that it was time to continue on their journey.

oriong

First Post
Jon begins the day polishing his sword and armor until the mithral and steel gleams like a mirror. The summer warmth would make even mithral armor unpleasantly hot, but a bandit or goblin arrow in the back would certainly be more painful.

Satisfied with his work, jon dons his armor and blade, addressing his companions "It looks like it will soon be time to be on the road, shall I take point?"

[sblock]
OOC:
Last minute equipment change, switching one of my cure moderate wounds potions for a heavy warhorse and riding gear.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Well looks like my post was swallowed by the ether. Try again.

[sblock=OOC] You can invest in the mounts if you like. However we will still be at a 20 move. One of us is wearing a mundane breastplate.[/sblock]

Dalyn is packed before you awake. As you move about you notice him speaking with Shadow, "You know you'll have to stay near me in town girl. These people will not be used to you." When Jon has finished his maintenance, he asks, "do you know where we need to go in town, Sir Jon?"

nothingpoetic

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Armor Training 1 allows me to move my speed in Medium armor. So we would be rolling along at 30 ft./round if you were referring to Brutus's mundane breastplate :)[/sblock]

rangerjohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Yes, I was. :devil: Still the main part still remains, our speed is still equal to the slowest member. Whether thats 20 or 30. We will not be moving at 50 like the animals. I can move at 40 for 5 hrs, but still. [/sblock]

oriong

First Post
[sblock="ooc"] True, we won't travel faster, but I'll move faster in combat, possibly get an extra attack or two. And there's the variety of potential uses of a horse like carrying a wounded comrade or even for just a high strength check when trying to pull or drag something.[/sblock]

"Only in the most general sense. We should seek the town's sherrif or perhaps their mayor or town leader, warn them of the potential danger and ask if they have spotted any signs of the broken knives." Jon combs a few burs his horse, Pep, had picked up overnight, "and of course some fresh supplies, a fireplace and a soft bed would be quite welcome. If things go badly then this may be our last chance for such luxuries."

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I actually wanted a horse for roleplaying purpose, not faster travel ;).[/sblock]

"Can you tell me more about these 'Broken Knifes'?" The dark red robed traveler, the others only now a 'Lamad', asks from the back of his black light riding horse.

ghostcat

First Post
OOC: Looks like my last night post got lost as well.

Talen woke from yet another dream to the early morning light. This one was different to the last. The cloud was still descending over Elsir Vale. But this time a bright light moved in from the south and the black cloud started to shrink away from it. From this Talen was reassured that the current party could handle the problem but that their success was nowhere near being assured.

Rubbing the remnants of the dream from his eyes, Talen looked round the camp. Seeing the others are starting to break camp, he rolls up his bedding and puts it in his haversack. At the same time he takes out his breakfast trail rations and water. Finishing breakfast, he refills his water bottle and packs it away. "Ready" he says to nobody in particular.

Replying to Jon, Talen says "I was going to suggest that I scout about 100 yards in front of everybody but if you want to lead be my guest."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Dalyn

In order of conversation, Dalyn answers," What, natures bounty not good enough for you, Sir Jon? The Broken Knives are a tribe of aggressive goblins, said to be moving in from the north. And, finally, I generally do the scouting around these parts. Would have to be a might quiet critter to sneak up on me, the hunt master says my hearing is just plain unnatural.

Last edited:

Remove ads