• NOW LIVE! -- One-Page Adventures for D&D 5th Edition on Kickstarter! A booklet of colourful one-page adventures for D&D 5th Edition ranging from levels 1-9 and designed for a single session of play.
log in or register to remove this ad

 

Some Stories Are True

Astrid

Explorer
Astrid prepares by drawing her sling, then changes her mind and channels lightning into her and takes aim at the closest Faethrin, shaking her head as they approach. Not knowing their language she attempts to use more common ones from the area to say go away.

58, 99, and 24 cause why not include an extra.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Wrenn and Hirsoshi stand ready, watching carefully, silent, unmoving, but hyper alert, and ready for trouble. If it comes to combat, both men already have a plan.

Wrenn will shoot at one of the youths with a stone-tipped arrow, charged with lightning.
Hiroshi will do the same with his stone-tipped javelin.
Reaction: Hiroshi: 96(+30) = 126
Reaction: Wrenn: 61
Javelin: Hiroshi: 72
Lightning: Hiroshi: 35
Arrow: Wrenn: 84
Lightning: Wrenn: 85

A few random rolls to use for other things, either character: 91(+54), 28, 65, and 58.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Astrid prepares... attempts to... say go away.
Wrenn and Hirsoshi stand ready...
Oorvid holds up his left hand in a universal gesture of halt/peace but grips his carving axe with his right. Astrid quickly tells the strange people to go away in her native Norikadian and in the common Spiofthest. The half-naked savages make noises, clicks, and whistles, as if they have no definitive language. Such rudimentary social skills indicate who these people are. The Storyteller has spoken of various indigenous peoples who seem more animal than people. There are such tribes of each of the three races. This particular group happens to be Faethrin and are called the Kaalatala. They are suspected to even be cannibalistic.
Kaalatala: 22 + 81(d100) = 103

Astrid: 23(avoidance) + 23(analysis) + 123(d100) > 103. dodged
Hiroshi: 22 + 23 + 72 = 117. dodged
Oorvid: 16 + 23 + 71 = 110. dodged
Wrenn: 26 + 19 + 84 > 103. dodged
The four Kaalatala all launch one of their javelins. None of the crude weapons is able to make its mark. Two more, previously unseen, hostiles join the others as they all rush in, screaming, and pointing a stone tipped javelin. It is clear to the four youths that they outmatch this group, yet they have engaged with a frenzy.
Astrid: full wellness
Stones: 17 - 1 = 16
Hiroshi: full wellness
Oorvid: full wellness
Wrenn: full wellness
Arrows: 18 - 1 = 17
41 marks: currency

Ant Stingers: 4, {toxicity x2}
Bat Guano: 4 measures, ??
Bird Skulls: 5, ??
Rodent Tooth Necklace: 1, ??
Songbird Talisman: 1, ??
Spider Claws: 3 sets, ??
Spider Fangs: 3 sets, ??

Coal: 4 bricks, ??
Dull, Gray Stone: 1, ??
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. Provide 2 random rolls with stated intentions. The combat intentions of Wren and Hiroshi can remain the same, but please repost for flow and keep the numbers.
 
Last edited:

Astrid

Explorer
Astrid lets out a deep sigh "If you can not be reasoned with. Than you leave me no choice savage."
Astrid focuses on her palm as she thrusts her palm forward sending an arc of lightning at the closest Kaal.
78, 99
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
OOC:
Re-Post for Wrenn & Hiroshi. Numbers remain the same.
Wrenn & Hiroshi are now following their plan of attack.


Wrenn will shoot at one of the youths with a stone-tipped arrow, charged with lightning.
Hiroshi will do the same with his stone-tipped javelin.
Reaction: Hiroshi: 96(+30) = 126
Reaction: Wrenn: 61
Javelin: Hiroshi: 72
Lightning: Hiroshi: 35
Arrow: Wrenn: 84
Lightning: Wrenn: 85

A few random rolls to use for other things, either character: 91(+54), 28, 65, and 58.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
... Astrid focuses... arc of lightning at the closest Kaal.
Wrenn will shoot... charged with lightning.

Hiroshi will do the same with his stone-tipped javelin.
Oorvid draws his second carving axe as he charges toward his nearest enemy. He thinks to himself, ~If brutes only understand force, I will show you brute force!~
Astrid: 10(readiness) + 23(speed) + 23(clarity) + 78(d100) = 134
Hiroshi: 18 + 21 + 23 + 126 = 188
Oorvid: 22 + 17 + 23 + 87 = 149
Wrenn: 18 + 24 + 18 + 61 = 121
Kaalatalae: 22 + 87 = 109
Astrid: 100(bending) - 134 = ~0
Hiroshi: 200(javelin) - 188 = 12
Oorvid: 200(move) - 149 = 51
Wrenn: 300(arrow) - 121 = 179
Kaalatalae: 200(javelin) - 109 = 91
Astrid: 25(bending) + 23(shock) + 99(d100) = 147
Hiroshi: 24 + 22 + 35 = 81
Oorvid: +23(strength)
Wrenn: 28 + 19 + 85 = 132

Kaalatalae: 22 + 71 = 93
K1: 147 - 93 = 54% * 2 = 1. Body: 8 - 1 = 7, irritated
K2: resisted
K3: not attacked
K4: not attacked
K5: not attacked
K6: 132 - 93 = 39% * 2 = ~1. Body: 8 - 1 = 7, irritated
Hiroshi: 18(launch) + 21(accuracy) + 25(clarity) + 72(d100) = 136
Wrenn: 18 + 24 + 18 + 84 = 144 + 100(PB) = 244

Kaalatalae: 14 + 78 = 92
K2: 136 - 92 = 44% * 8 = 4. Body: 8 - 4 = 4, injured
K6: 244 - 92 = 152% * 8 = 12. Body: 7 - 12 = -5, incapacitated
Oorvid: 24(aggression) + 17(accuracy) + 23(fury) + 78(d100) = 142 + 23(strength) = 165
Kaalatalae: 22 + 78 = 100

Astrid: 10 + 23 + 23 + 99 = 155, dodged
Hiroshi: 18 + 22 + 23 + 72 = 135, dodged
200 - 135 = 65 - 22(kilter) = 43% * 6 = 3 - 3(tunic), ineffective
Tunic: 60 - 2 = 58

Oorvid: 22 + 17 + 23 + 78 = 140, dodged
200 - 140 = 60 - 17(kilter) = 43% * 6 = 3 - 2(tunic) = 1. Body: 10 - 1 = 9, irritated.
Tunic: 70 - 1 = 69

Wrenn: 18 + 23 + 19 + 84 = 144, dodged
Kaalatalae: 22 + 78 = 100

K4: 165 - 100 = 65% * 10 = 7. Body: 8 - 7 = 1, injured
Astrid releases an, instantaneously arriving, flash of electricity at her chosen opponent before anything else happens. The flash is so fast, it is difficult for the Kaalatala to even consider it. It lightly jolts her enemy, who rushes forward to make a failed attempt to stab her with his crude javelin.

Next Hiroshi launches his rudimentary javelin, charged with electric potential, at his enemy. The javelin only nicks the adolescent, who is able to resist the additional shock. Two of the Kaalatala engage Hiroshi. The first one misses, but the second is able to take advantage of his flank and stick Hiroshi. The quilted tunic prevents harm.

Oorvid closes the distance to the enemy having effectively bent mystical waylines to increase his physical strength. He nearly cripples his first opponent with a vicious slash across the torso, but his second is able to flank and make an irritating stab with the crude javelin.

Wrenn, as he draws his arrow to aim and charge, suddenly realizes that he has no need of the conduit. He can bend waylines at a distance just like Astrid did. The brain working, on average, five times faster than a body can, he notes the importance as he releases his arrow at point blank, having already avoided his enemy's assault. The arrow, at such short range, buries to the fletching in the front of the abdomen and punches out the back. The enemy falls to the ground, incapacitated and barely holding to consciousness.

Mindless or rather thoughtless in pursuit of their desires, the Kaalatala press on in their assault, not even registering that one of their members has already fallen in a matter of three seconds.
Astrid: full wellness
Stones: 17 - 1 = 16
Hiroshi: full wellness
Oorvid: full wellness
Wrenn: full wellness
Arrows: 18 - 1 = 17
41 marks: currency

Ant Stingers: 4, {toxicity x2}
Bat Guano: 4 measures, ??
Bird Skulls: 5, ??
Rodent Tooth Necklace: 1, ??
Songbird Talisman: 1, ??
Spider Claws: 3 sets, ??
Spider Fangs: 3 sets, ??

Coal: 4 bricks, ??
Dull, Gray Stone: 1, ??
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. Provide 2 random rolls with stated intentions for continued combat. Everyone is currently engaged in melee, except Wrenn.
 
Last edited:

Astrid

Explorer
Astrid spreads her legs in a wide stance channeling her lighting through her arms as she punches forward sending a second bolt forward.
89,65
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Since you agreed to run Hiroshi as an NPC temporarily, I will let you decide his intentions, but I will generate his random rolls for ya.

Wrenn will continue to fire arrows, and also manipulate waylines at a distance, to affect his target with fire.

Wrenn: 58, 93(+48)
Hiroshi: 87, 86
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Posting for @Osthelerin Hawke
Seeing that he is going to be double teamed, Hiroshi drops his fourth and holds one of his remaining javelins in each hand, prepared to use them in melee. At any point he bodily contacts an enemy he will also ionize his internal fluids.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Astrid... punches forward sending a second bolt...
Wrenn will continue to fire arrows, and... affect his target with fire.
... Hiroshi... javelins... melee... ionize...
Already engaged in melee, Oorvid continues to ply his carving axes; but instead of accompanying the assault with mystical heat, he will bend air to push one opponent away from him.
Astrid: 0 + 100(bending) = 100, 200, 300, 400
Hiroshi: 12 + 100(javelin) = 112, 224, 336, 448
Oorvid: 51 + 100(axe) = 151, 302, 453
Wrenn: 179 + 300(arrow) = 479
Kaalatalae: 91 + 100(javelin) = 191, 382
Astrid: 25(bending) + 23(shock) + 89(d100) = 137
Hiroshi: 24 + 22 + 87 = 133
Oorvid: +23(strength). 18 + 23 + 78 = 119
Wrenn: 28 + 19 + 58 = 105

Kaalatalae: 22 + 78 = 100
K1: 137 - 100 = 37% * 4 = 1 (x4). Body: 7 - 4 = 3, injured
K2: 133 - 100 = 33% * 2 = ~1 (x2). Body: 4 - 2 = 2, injured
K3: 133 - 100 = 33% * 2 = ~1 (x2). Body: 8 - 2 = 6, hurt
K4: not attacked
K5: 119 - 100 = 19% / 10% = 2 strides. 19 - 8(kilter) = 11% * 8 = 1. Mind: 8 - 1 = 7, irritated.
K6: Body: 7 - 12 = -5, incapacitated
Wrenn: 18 + 24 + 18 + 141 = 201 + 50(short) - 50(melee) = 201

Kaalatalae: 14 + 78 = 92
K5: 201 - 92 = 109% * 8 = 9. Body: 6 - 9 = -3, incapacitated
Hiroshi: 18(finesse) + 21(accuracy) + 25(clarity) + 86(d100) = 150
Oorvid: 24(aggression) + 17(accuracy) + 23(fury) + 78(d100) = 142 + 23(strength) = 165
Kaalatalae: 22 + 78 = 100

Astrid: 10 + 23 + 23 + 65 = 121, dodged
Hiroshi: 18 + 22 + 23 + 86 = 149, dodged
200 - 149 = 51 - 22(kilter) = 29% * 6 = 2 - 3(tunic), ineffective
Tunic: 60 - 2 = 58 - 2 = 56

Oorvid: 22 + 17 + 23 + 78 = 140, dodged
200 - 140 = 60 - 17(kilter) = 43% * 6 = 3 - 2(tunic) = 1. Body: 9 - 1 = 8, hurt.
Tunic: 70 - 1 = 69 - 1 = 68

Kaalatalae: 22 + 78 = 100

K2: 150 - 100 = 50% * 8 = 4 (x2). Body: 2 - 8 = -6, incapacitated
K3: 150 - 100 = 50% * 8 = 4 (x2). Body:
K4: 140 - 100 = 40% * 10 = 4. Body: 8 - 7 = 1 - 4 = -3, incapacitated
Weaving around her assailant in manner much to agile to become a target, Astrid shocks her opponent with visible electricity four times before he panics and turns to run away.

In the time it take Wrenn to aid the situation, Hiroshi competently engages both of his opponents twice. Though his talent to bend waylines in not very strong, he hurts both with acid before really bringing his skill to bear, stabbing each with a javelin, twice, incapacitating both.

Oorvid manages to generate enough air to push away his uninjured opponent, 2 strides, knocking the wind from him. Taking another minor wound from his first, he retaliates with a finishing blow that puts him on the ground.

By the time the fallen opponent gains his feet, he finds an arrow sprouting from his abdomen. He looks down at it before falling forward to the ground.
GM: The Kaalatala that was fighting Astrid is preparing to run. All others are incapacitated on the ground.

Astrid: full wellness
Stones: 17 - 1 = 16
Hiroshi: full wellness
Javelins: 4
Oorvid: full wellness
Wrenn: full wellness
Arrows: 18 - 1 = 17 - 2 = 15
41 marks: currency

Ant Stingers: 4, {toxicity x2}
Bat Guano: 4 measures, ??
Bird Skulls: 5, ??
Rodent Tooth Necklace: 1, ??
Songbird Talisman: 1, ??
Spider Claws: 3 sets, ??
Spider Fangs: 3 sets, ??

Coal: 4 bricks, ??
Dull, Gray Stone: 1, ??
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. Provide 1 random roll with stated intentions.
 
Last edited:

Astrid

Explorer
Astrid reaches forward as close to the Kaalatala's ear as she can and snaps her finger as she releases a close range sonic attack to attempt to bring down the last opponent.
In an sad downbeat tone Astrid speaks
"I know you don't understand me, but please stay down. Killing may be your way of life, but it is not one I wish to be part"

87 The goal is to knock him out though it might kill.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Posting for @Osthelerin Hawke

Seeing his opponents fall, Hiroshi takes a step back away from them and looks to see how the others are faring. Noticing that the one on Astrid is going to run he shakes his head to himself, deciding to hold his javelins. Realizing that it is more charitable to end his opponents than allow them to lie, incapacitated, to be rent by some animal, suffering through it unto death, he quickly sticks a javelin in each throat, feeling a bit nauseous from having to do so.
OOC: 78
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Wrenn looks around, surveying the situation. Besides spiders and other critters, this is only his second time to participate in lethal combat. A sense of regret washes over him; although in both instances, he was quick to join the combat, it was only out of a sense of seriousness and urgency; almost a duty. The skills he had developed as a youth for hunting, were now proving quite successful for warfare, also. His parents had raised him to be wary of his own kind, the Shimadow, a pale, albino people with violently malevolent tendencies; now it appeared that these people, the Kalataala, were of a similar disposition.

Wrenn muses to himself, inwardly: ~Where does this malevolence come from? Why do certain groups of people feel the need to take by force that which they need or desire? And how long will we be forced to fight and kill these people in order to live with freedom?~

Wrenn will assist Hiroshi in finishing off the fallen; he can see the necessity of it. He winces with each strike, finding it far more difficult to perform than heat-of-the-moment combat. After the foes are all dead, he will check them for trinkets and jewelry with proclivities.

37
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Astrid... sonic attack...
... Hiroshi... sticks a javelin...
Wrenn... will assist... will check...
Oorvid, though he cannot know the thoughts of his friends, is of a like mindset. He uses his carving axe to bring a quick end to his fallen foes; afterward, he feels no regret in searching them. To him, it would be a waste of possibly useful material had he not.
Astrid: 25(bending) + 23(shock) + 87(d100) = 135

Kaalatalae: 22 + 57 = 79
K1: Body: 7 - 4 = 3, injured
135 - 79 = 56% * 2 = 1. Mind: 8 - 1 = 7, irritated.
Being much faster than her injured enemy, Astrid snaps her fingers, sending a painful pulse of sound. The Kaalatala shakes his head as he is moving away but nothing more. He hobbles off into the trees, disappearing from sight. He will recover. Perhaps alone, he may rethink his hostile nature, but it is not likely.

There are five dead, two males and three females. Whether male or female, each is only covered in a crude loincloth and carried two crude javelins. From the fallen a total of three curious stones, 3 pairs of teeth, a few snares and pouches, and some dried meat is collected. Having some knowledge that the Kaalatalae are rumored of being cannibals, the meat seems suspect.

The young travelers are pleased to note that none of them was injured. Oorvid suggests moving on a bit before making camp, not wanting to remain at the site of the fight.
Astrid: full wellness
Stones: 17 - 1 = 16
Hiroshi: full wellness
Javelins: 4
Oorvid: full wellness
Wrenn: full wellness
Arrows: 18 - 1 = 17 - 2 = 15
41 marks: currency

Ant Stingers: 4, {toxicity x2}
Bat Guano: 4 measures, ??
Bird Skulls: 5, ??
Rodent Tooth Necklace: 1, ??
Songbird Talisman: 1, ??
Spider Claws: 3 sets, ??
Spider Fangs: 3 sets, ??

Coal: 4 bricks, ??
Dull, Gray Stone: 1, ??
OOC: Bonus for such good responses. Each character receives 7 DP. Provide 1 random roll with stated intentions.
 

Astrid

Explorer
Astrid sighs as the last Kaal gets away. She wonders if she made a mistake in not attempting to end its life. Visibly angry, but holds in until they have made camp later.
"By the gods. Are we to treat these savages as beast or men." Astrid kicks the dirt in anger "Up north where I am from we had little problems from tribes like those we passed today or the group inside the fortification. You have to be much brighter of mind and body to survive the harsh winters. Anyway, we should keep heading on in the morning." Without even allowing a response Astrid moves a few strides away. "I will take first watch. The rest of you sleep. Oorvid I will wake you in a few hours, unless someone else wishes to take second watch?"
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Posting for @Osthelerin Hawke
"By the gods. Are we to treat these savages as beast or men?...
Hiroshi stores two of his javelins, keeping one in each hand. He looks over at the comment from Astrid. "I know not of what gods you may speak, but I think as monsters might be better phraseology. I have seen beasts with better dispositions. Those people could not even speak to one another! They just made noises. It's sad."

He does not cease in his activity when he speaks. He takes one of the curious stones to examine, as well as some snares and pouches. He nods at Oorvid and Astrid as he begins to move in the direction the party had been traveling before the encounter.
OOC: 75
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Posting for @Tellerian Hawke
Wrenn takes one of the pairs of teeth to examine, some snares, and pouches. He smells some of the dried meat and discards it, making a sour face at the experience. Without saying a word, he follows along with the others. The pep in his step indicative of his desire to make some distance.
OOC: 64
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Astrid sighs... moves... "I will take first watch...
GM: For player characters, who can all sense waylines, the mechanics for wariness are the same at night while sleeping or awake, since people cannot see very well at night. Player characters do not have to set watches. Everyone can sleep. A surprise chance will be the same either way.

Hiroshi stores... looks... takes one of the curious stones to examine...
Wrenn takes one of the pairs of teeth to examine... follows...
Oorvid takes the two remaining pairs of teeth to examine, then hands the remaining curious stones to Astrid. "Examine these to see if you find anything interesting about them. By chance, there may be something more to them than their coloration."
Astrid: 24(alchemy) + 23(analysis) + 50(d100) = 97, fail
Hiroshi: 21 + 23 + 75 = 119
Time: 10 days / 119 = 2 hours, success
Oorvid: 20 + 23 + 70 = 113
Time: 10 days / 113 = 3 hours, fail
Wrenn: 24 + 19 + 64 = 107
Time: 10 days / 107 = 3 hours, success
Astrid and Oorvid, though they find their respective items interesting, cannot determine why that is so. Hiroshi discovers that his gray stone with red flecks in it has the potential to enhance his overall health, if carried. That particular type of rock is called, bloodstone, because it looks as if it is bleeding. Wrenn discovers that the pair of teeth, all of which are identical having belonged to some common rodent, even the previously collected pair, has the same potential as the bloodstone, but neither Astrid nor Oorvid can make use of this enhancement until they are able to sense it.

Moving on, the next couple of days bear no significance, though time is spent toward the end of the second walking back and forth through the forest until the Keep is rediscovered. Camp is made by the artificial pond, as was done previously.

654554C7-A7B1-426B-9055-5A764BA49051.jpeg

Astrid: full wellness
Stones: 16
Hiroshi: full wellness
Javelins: 4
Oorvid: full wellness
Wrenn: full wellness
Arrows: 15
41 marks: currency

Ant Stingers: 4, {toxicity x2}
Bat Guano: 4 measures, ??
Bird Skulls: 5, ??
Rodent Tooth Necklace: 4, (Health +1)
Songbird Talisman: 1, ??
Spider Claws: 3 sets, ??
Spider Fangs: 3 sets, ??

Coal: 4 bricks, ??
Bloodstone: 1, (Health +1)
curious stones: 2, ??
Dull, Gray Stone: 1, ??
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. Provide 1 random roll with stated intentions.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Since camp is being made, Wrenn will encourage Hiroshi to gather firewood, while Wrenn himself tries to find small game, manipulating waylines not only to sense their presence and direction, but also to kill them with speed and efficiency; he hopes to find a fox, or maybe some quail, but will settle for squirrels and rabbits if needbe.

63
 

Astrid

Explorer
Astrid spends her time replenishing her collection of stones for her sling. While her ability to use lightning at a distance is possible, she tells anyone who asks that it is a precaution encase something happens and she is unable to weave.
78
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top