Specialty Priest: Bast Cleric

Xarlen

First Post
Strictly speaking, daggers suck.

Give the cleric's favored weapon something...cooler. I can understand you want something light, concealable, but what I would suggest would be the Claw Bracer from FRCS. It's basicly a bracer with three blades (Ala Wolverine) that go over the hand. Since it's an exotic weapon, giving it as a weapon would be free, and it fits the Cat motief.

Chacal

First Post
Xarlen said:
Strictly speaking, daggers suck.
Well ... err... but ... ok, you're right.

I can understand you want something light, concealable, but what I would suggest would be the Claw Bracer from FRCS. It's basicly a bracer with three blades (Ala Wolverine) that go over the hand. Since it's an exotic weapon, giving it as a weapon would be free, and it fits the Cat motief.
I'm a bit concerned about the concealability,
but It would be cool and cat-like.

Thanks

Chacal

Ziggy

First Post
Re: Bast's role

Shifon said:

Just a quick note here..

Bast, as daughter of Re, was associated with the power of the sun -- the aggressive, vengeful power initially -- and later this developed into a more beneficial, protective form. Bast was originally lion-headed (as an aggressive god), and gained the more familiar cat head when she was "tamed" (so to speak). She was also considered a royal diety at various times in Egyptian history.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest here, but the agressive lion-headed diety is usually called Sekmeth, and while there are strong ties between workship of Sekmeth and Bast, most scholars treat them as separate dieties.

Shifon said:

The deity of embalming you're looking for would be Anubis/Anpu, a jackal-headed male god. A priest wore an Anubis-mask when performing the rites of embalming over the deceased.
Shifon

While Anubis is probably the most well known death diety (together with Osiris), you are mixing roles here. At least in the elder egyptian religion, Bast was responsible for the actual embalment process, while Anubis was the guidance into the judgement of Osiris. Thus they have overlapping, but still distinct responsibilities.

I do not have my books with me here at work, but I'll give you references later if you want that :)

.Ziggy

Remove ads