• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spellcasting Prodigy - Whats the beef?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
It's more a "Why would I take Composite Longbow Proficiency when I can have that *and* a bonus to a Ride skill?"

Really...where's the disadvantage to taking this between the two comprable feats (the non-+3 Skill Focus and the Composite Longbow Proficiency)...why not take this feat, if you were going to take either of the others?

That's what makes the feat good.

Not so good that it'll eradicate all balance or anything, but too good for a feat, IMHO.

rounser

First Post
Really...where's the disadvantage to taking this between the two comprable feats (the non-+3 Skill Focus and the Composite Longbow Proficiency)...why not take this feat, if you were going to take either of the others?
You're conveniently ignoring the regional prerequisite of Hordelands, Shaar or the Ride (see page 33 of the FRCS), unless a character takes it as a Fighter bonus feat. By choosing one of those regions for your character to take this feat alone, you miss out on the opportunity to take a whole host of other "broken" FRCS regional feats that the book is "riddled with" - according to you.

A Fighter already has all Martial Weapon Proficiencies, so big whoop - better off taking Skill Focus. As for complaining that characters from the Hordelands, Shaar or the Ride can take it, well, they're mongol types aren't they? TBH, if someone declares their character originates from one of those places in particular just to get this feat, I say let them!

Last edited:

Remove ads