Star Trek, Paramount+, and a Defense of the Greatest Star Trek Captain

Mallus

Legend
I was about to say Culber is probably the #1 Doc now. He tends to the emotional needs of the crew, not just the physical. All of the Trek doctors have a certain dispassion or coldness about them, but Culber is all warmth.
I love that Culber is ship's counselor by virtue of surviving the trauma of reincarnation.

Mallus

Legend
Season 1 anyway. In season 2 the personal flaws of the crew that made season 1 so enjoyable just up and disappeared. I still enjoyed season 2 and want to see season 3, but it wasn't as good as the first season.
Season 2 plays it straighter and pulls from DS9 as well as TNG. I think it was Seth MacFarlane admitting he didn't want to make a funny homage to Star Trek, he just wanted to make Star Trek.

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Villain list,
Dukat
Khan
Captain Lorca
Borg
Dominion Founders

Hard to do. So many conflicts are phenomena or places in space instead of actual characters. The Borg really came off strong as a scary ass villain, but they got way too much exposure and are all over the place. Its diluted their impact for me, though I still love a good Borg story. I thought about mirror universe Phillipa, but I think they are going for an Elam Garrack kind of thing with the character instead of a villain.
1. Q
2. Khan
3. Dukat
4. Borg(not the ones in Voyager)
5. Changelings

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Season 2 plays it straighter and pulls from DS9 as well as TNG. I think it was Seth MacFarlane admitting he didn't want to want a funny homage to Star Trek, he just wanted to make Star Trek.
It didn't have to be humorous. I liked that the officers had flaws and shortcomings that came out in the shows.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
He caused a lot of death, though. The Borg found the Federation because of him.
Indirectly, yes. Q is a very chaotic entity and thats usually bad for those around it. Though, Q mentions they just sit back and judge humans (though winking during the sit back part). Even Picard said that introducing the Federation to the Borg was the "right thing for the wrong reasons". A source of occasional conflict? Yeah, but not really an outright adversary. The Federation aint on Q's level for that to be the case.

No, the real #1 Captain is Lucille Ball. Without her production company and her money and her pushing for TOS to be made and aired, there would be no Star Trek at all.

For the fictional Captains, I put Kirk at #1, but only because he got a death scene that was not in an alternate universe or reversed by time travel or any other hooey.

Remove ads