Star Trek Picard SPOILERS thread

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Now I'm going to have to go back and re-watch.

It could also be a misinterpretation. Soong created twins (Lor and Data...well, there was also B4), and so did Maddox.

This leaves an interesting question...could there also be three that Maddox made?

Yipe- He said. "We did it Agnes, Soong and I and you' referring to Agnes...

Last edited:

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I suspect that could be a reference to using Soong's process/research to create their own.

He didn't speak in the past tense, he spoke as if Soong was around and Angus helped them with the work.

He spoke as potentially that Soong was bodily present at the creation of the Twin. There was no past tense mention use of Soong's work.

Okay...doing some number crunching here...

2341-Bruce Maddox protested the Academy entry of Data. Measure of a Man--Commander Maddox sought out Data again/2365. Soong's death occurred around 2367. Lore is deactivated 2370. Nemesis with Data's Full Death/2379. 2380/Maddox made Captain Rank and was able to retain the body of B4. STP is at 2399.

The Twin came online at 2396.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
2341-Bruce Maddox protested the Academy entry of Data. Measure of a Man--Commander Maddox sought out Data again/2365. Soong's death occurred around 2367. Lore is deactivated 2370. Nemesis with Data's Full Death/2379. 2380/Maddox made Captain Rank and was able to retain the body of B4. STP is at 2399.

The Twin came online at 2396.

So, somewhere betweeen 2365 and 2367 Maddox and Soong met and did something?

No, I don't think so...

I rewatched the episode last night. The line being referred to is "We did it Angus, Soong and I and you."

I still think that this is being misinterpreted. The way I see it, he's saying that they created artificial life; first Soong, then he and Agnes. I don't think that they encountered him and did it together.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer

To add further--Soong was off the grid, his work was private and was never advertise to the whole galaxy or to the quadrants. If there were a meeting of sorts, it had to be in a novel. I am not aware if that was written out.

MarkB

Legend
To add further--Soong was off the grid, his work was private and was never advertise to the whole galaxy or to the quadrants. If there were a meeting of sorts, it had to be in a novel. I am not aware if that was written out.
Traditionally, unlike Star Wars with its Expanded Universe, there was never any real shared 'canon' in Star Trek spin-off fiction, so it would have to be something recent, if at all. And if it were recent and canonical, it would already have been updated to sources such as Memory Alpha.

Ryujin

Legend
Traditionally, unlike Star Wars with its Expanded Universe, there was never any real shared 'canon' in Star Trek spin-off fiction, so it would have to be something recent, if at all. And if it were recent and canonical, it would already have been updated to sources such as Memory Alpha.

Yeah, pretty sure that things like the TOS crew creating a whole new universe never made it into canon :D

Omand

Hero
Just one small chime, but it is bugging me. It is Agnes, not Angus. Agnes Jurati. Yes, Maddox's speech is somewhat mumbled due to his injuries/medical status, but he is talking to Agnes.

/Rant Off

Remove ads