Star Trek Picard SPOILERS thread

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Wasn't that Season 4 for Manny?

He was brought on in season 3 and stayed through season 4, but he had no credited part in the finale (though, who knows, star trek scripts often went through a large number of un-credited polishes and rewrites.)

And for those other two, it was finally admitted that ending for Enterprise was a BAD mistake, I caught a audio file or description of a interview. Berman made that admission. It doesn't mean still, I forgive him.

Yes, and frankly it's not always easy to know whether something is awesome or a dud when writing, filming or even editing. Those two seemed to honestly believe that it was a "love letter to the fans," right up until the fans told them how much they hated it.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
He was brought on in season 3 and stayed through season 4, but he had no credited part in the finale (though, who knows, star trek scripts often went through a large number of un-credited polishes and rewrites.)

Yes, and frankly it's not always easy to know whether something is awesome or a dud when writing, filming or even editing. Those two seemed to honestly believe that it was a "love letter to the fans," right up until the fans told them how much they hated it.

Yupe...he was brought in as a Writer, did 14 episodes in Season 3, given Director rein in Season 4, and yes, the last one was usurped by BB and his twin. And he did try to get a Season 5, but was told No.

Mallus

Legend
I really enjoyed season 1. I thought the show had a lot of promise. Sadly, season 2 went downhill and I lost interest.
I should watch the first season of ENT again. I just went through the 4th season prior to the Picard debut -- stopping before the finale, of course -- so maybe it's just fresher in my memory.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Enterprise is my least favorite Trek by a fairly wide margin, but if season 4 had been season 1 it could have been one hell of a show.

I keep trying to watch it, and foolishly I have always started from the beginning, and I've never made it all the way to Season 4. Everyone tells me I should, but I've twice now fallen off at the beginning of Season 3. The Xindi Evil Round Table kills me every time.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I keep trying to watch it, and foolishly I have always started from the beginning, and I've never made it all the way to Season 4. Everyone tells me I should, but I've twice now fallen off at the beginning of Season 3. The Xindi Evil Round Table kills me every time.

If you haven't yet - watch In a Mirror Darkly (18th and 19th episode of the 4th season). It's completely irrelevant to the overall plot arc of the show, but from the opening credits onward it's just really fun!

If you haven't yet - watch In a Mirror Darkly (18th and 19th episode of the 4th season). It's completely irrelevant to the overall plot arc of the show, but from the opening credits onward it's just really fun!
I have a weird head canon that the Temporal Time war hinted at in Enterprise is the cause of the mirror universe

Ryujin

Legend

I would go as far as to refer to it as Big Dumb Fun. Two episode arc, if I remember correctly.

EDIT Of course it's two episodes. You said as much. DOH!

Last edited:

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Returning back to the point of discussion dealing with Picard.

Did anyone hear the reference from Maddox, that he and Soong did it Was he referring that Soong was around to help him build the twin?

Returning back to the point of discussion dealing with Picard.

Did anyone hear the reference from Maddox, that he and Soong did it Was he referring that Soong was around to help him build the twin?
Now I'm going to have to go back and re-watch.

It could also be a misinterpretation. Soong created twins (Lor and Data...well, there was also B4), and so did Maddox.

This leaves an interesting question...could there also be three that Maddox made?

Remove ads