Star Trek Picard SPOILERS thread

Ryujin

Legend
That was Voyager and then Enterprise for me. And I was so-so on DS9, which was more wooden than a school play. As far as I’m concerned I’m in a golden age! I’ve not loved Trek this much since the 1990s!

I can completely understand that. I'm pretty much the other way 'round, except for "Picard." We like what we like.

Current rumours are that the next show they'll spawn is Pike, during the Enterprise years. Possibly wishful group-think, but...

Hussar

Legend
When it comes to a property that you're emotionally invested in, that was a part of your formative years, think of it as desperately needing to love it but failing miserably. Love and hate are not opposites.

Like I said, I just don't get it. I wasn't a fan of Voyager (particularly the last few seasons), so, I just didn't watch it. Or, basically only watched it if nothing else was on. Same with Enterprise (except for the last season which was some of the best Star Trek ever on TV). Again, I just didn't watch it.

I do not understand getting this emotionally invested in a TV show. Or series of TV shows. I understand being pissed that the new show isn't something you like. I stopped watching Battlestar Galactica after the third season because I just found it unwatchable and that was disappointing. But, forcing myself to watch something I know I don't like, and then coming online to spend time standing on a rooftop to shout how much I don't like it? That's a bit too masochistic and narcissistic, even for me.

Ryujin

Legend
Like I said, I just don't get it. I wasn't a fan of Voyager (particularly the last few seasons), so, I just didn't watch it. Or, basically only watched it if nothing else was on. Same with Enterprise (except for the last season which was some of the best Star Trek ever on TV). Again, I just didn't watch it.

I do not understand getting this emotionally invested in a TV show. Or series of TV shows. I understand being pissed that the new show isn't something you like. I stopped watching Battlestar Galactica after the third season because I just found it unwatchable and that was disappointing. But, forcing myself to watch something I know I don't like, and then coming online to spend time standing on a rooftop to shout how much I don't like it? That's a bit too masochistic and narcissistic, even for me.

Season 3 was what I kept watching Enterprise for, hoping that it would get there.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Season 3 was what I kept watching Enterprise for, hoping that it would get there.

Season 3 was when they brought on Manny Coto - who did amazing things for Enterprise.

I just wish they had let him do the 4th season series finale instead of Berman and Braga! The show would have left the air with a much better send off.

Ryujin

Legend
Season 3 was when they brought on Manny Coto - who did amazing things for Enterprise.

I just wish they had let him do the 4th season series finale instead of Berman and Braga! The show would have left the air with a much better send off.

Less Xindi would have made it more betterer. Episodes centring on exploration of the unknown tended to be the best. Anything that involved inter-species politics between the ultimate founding members of the UFP was good and should have been what the show was about, from the beginning. They could have started with the Romulan War rather than the Temporal Cold War crap, or the Xindi, given there was so much previous canon available on the former.

Much of season three and the bulk of season 4 was what I was hoping for, from the beginning.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer

Wasn't that Season 4 for Manny?

And for those other two, it was finally admitted that ending for Enterprise was a BAD mistake, I caught a audio file or description of a interview. Berman made that admission. It doesn't mean still, I forgive him.

Remove ads