Star Trek Picard SPOILERS thread

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I have to admit, the death of Maddox is a HUGE plot hole. The EMH witnessed Maddox dying and being deactivated. Wouldn't there be any report to the captain at all? The EMH's are usually intelligent enough to detect foul play.

But, that aside, people are forgetting something here. This is different story telling from other versions of Star Trek. This is serial fiction, not episodic. This is basically just one really long episode. Thought about that way, killing off characters isn't all that surprising. Everyone is a red shirt in this show.

Nah...that color is black :)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Just found out that hugging scene between Picard and Hugh, was not written in the script, not thought of by the producer, or prompted by the director.

It was by the actor playing Hugh...give the reason why it should happen and Patrick went along with it.

Frak!!! It going to hurt!!! :(

UPDATE---Hugh is saved by the Frakkin' Treaty!!!! YES!!!

And NO!!!! Hugh is gone!!!! FRAKKIN HELL!!!

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Another set of cameos this episode, and a welcome one. So nice to see them still together and settled down.

Heh. Chekhov's Borg Cube.
Yes, and Elnor just took it down from the mantelpiece. Looks like he'll be handing it over to Seven of Nine to pull the trigger.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Enjoyed almost all of the most recent episode.

Really liked the interaction between Troi, Riker and Picard. It was great finally having characters that could and did call him out on his BS (but gently and mostly with affection).

I liked Soji's questioning of everything, makes perfect sense considering the circumstances. I also liked that Picard wasn't handling her attitude well, despite some progress, he's clearly still not great with Children - and that's essentially what she still is.

Annoyances:

Narissa, the Romulan, is just too cartoonishly evil. The Romulans seem to have a real reason for doing what they're doing, having someone so snarlingly evil, and not the least sympathetic , is just a waste.

Having Riker and Troi's tragedy be linked to the Synthetic ban seemed a bit much. The writers don't need to scream IT'S ALL CONNECTED quite so loud!

Mallus

Legend
I’m sure I’ll have something more to say tomorrow, but right now all I have is: that was great!

Oh, and “is it cake?” is now my favorite line of dialogue ever spoken by a terrible assassin.

I have to say that this is possibly my favorite episode so far. I really like how Picard and Soji are developing as characters, and Riker and Troi were both welcome as voices of compassion and reason. And the glimpses of this foretold disaster are interesting too...I am going to have to go back and watch that part again to see if I can pick out specifics.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
I have to say that this is possibly my favorite episode so far. I really like how Picard and Soji are developing as characters, and Riker and Troi were both welcome as voices of compassion and reason. And the glimpses of this foretold disaster are interesting too...I am going to have to go back and watch that part again to see if I can pick out specifics.

One of the planets blowing up is Earth. That said, I was expecting a bit more. It isn't like we as an audience haven't seen the proposed robot apocalypse before.

Also, do we think Agnes was trying to kill herself, or risking it to stop being tracked?

Remove ads