Star Trek Picard SPOILERS thread

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Although, I do have to ask, why does every Trek series take Star Fleet and make it the bad guy? We saw it back in TNG, DS9, and ST:Discovery. For a "utopian vision" of the future, Star Fleet sure likes to go back on its principles.
I don’t think they’ve made it the bad guy. It’s still Starfleet. Just Picard and Starfleet disagreed about something 20 years back.

MarkB

Legend
I don’t think they’ve made it the bad guy. It’s still Starfleet. Just Picard and Starfleet disagreed about something 20 years back.
Indeed - and that's nothing new. Kirk was disagreeing with Starfleet frequently back in the original series, and Picard was doing so as recently as Star Trek Insurrection.

I'd consider it to be an abiding theme across all Trek series that, while principles may be established by a government, it is up to individuals to uphold them.

Janx

Hero
We loved it.

How come Picard never asked about the Daystrom Institute's new employee, Dahj? I mean yes, they talked about Picard meeting her, but when he's given resistance to the idea of a synthetic, it's like "you tell me, you hired her." would have made a great line.

Which that line of discussion might have led to Maddox, once they backtracked Dahj to her home, parents, etc.

MarkB

Legend
We loved it.

How come Picard never asked about the Daystrom Institute's new employee, Dahj? I mean yes, they talked about Picard meeting her, but when he's given resistance to the idea of a synthetic, it's like "you tell me, you hired her." would have made a great line.

Which that line of discussion might have led to Maddox, once they backtracked Dahj to her home, parents, etc.
Hopefully they may pick up on that next week. We did leave off the episode with Picard still at the Daystrom Institute.

Ryujin

Legend
We loved it.

I took it as Picard not wanting to lay all of his cards on the table, because at this point he has no idea who to trust.

Janx

Hero
So what do we know so far?

Data is dead, his appearance is a dream sequence
Nobody ever says Data's daughter's name, Lal.
the Daystrom Institute still exists
Synthetics became more common place at some point
Synthetics went bad and burned Mars
Synthetics were banned, yet at least one works in StarFleet Archives
Picard has a storage unit to keep his old stuff
He kept the Captain Picard Day sign
Maddox is in hiding, probably made the new Lal-alikes
Dahj-Mom hasn't called the other daughter out of concern
Romulans work for Picard and his vineyard
Romulans have a thriving Scrap business
The Federation turned its back on Romulan Refugees
Some neighborghoods on Earth aren't as smurfy as others
Picard isn't used to running up stairs

Anoth

Adventurer
Romulans integrating in Star fleet made no sense to me. They were a cast empire with hundred of world or more to move to. They would have stayed in their own empire and relocated to another planet in their empire. Other than that I liked it.

Romulans integrating in Star fleet made no sense to me. They were a cast empire with hundred of world or more to move to. They would have stayed in their own empire and relocated to another planet in their empire. Other than that I liked it.

I saw it as a group of Romulans "defected" to the Federation. Perhaps some of them were grateful for the assistance in evacuating Romulus when the sun went supernova. That being said, I think there is a group of Romulans that are trying to undermine this integration (at least, that was how I interpreted the Romulan assassins trying to kill Dahj).

Remove ads