Star Trek Picard SPOILERS thread

Ryujin

Legend
The nerve pinch is somewhat feasible. The mind meld; Vulcans are kind of telepathic. How can a full synthetic (not a human-seeming one like Soji) acquire the biologic/telepathic capability to mind meld?

And I caught the consciousness transfer thing. Does anyone want to take bets that this is how Picard is going to get past his little death sentence?

In "Picard" the synthetics seem to be biologically indistinguishable from actual humans. Biological machines. Closer to Replicants than Androids.

In "Picard" the synthetics seem to be biologically indistinguishable from actual humans. Biological machines. Closer to Replicants than Androids.
Yes, I think the newer generation are. But there are several synths that were closer to Data. Like the Data-Soji who did the mind meld.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
The nerve pinch is somewhat feasible. The mind meld; Vulcans are kind of telepathic. How can a full synthetic (not a human-seeming one like Soji) acquire the biologic/telepathic capability to mind meld?

She's a biological synth. Her body and her brain are composed of a significant, likely majority, amount of meat.

Personally, I think it's brilliant for the themes of this series and for Star Trek as a whole. Life is life, intelligence is intelligence, and it is the natural function of both to seek out something greater than itself... and to overcome their many false starts along the way, like the Eugenics Wars and the Synthetics Ban.

MarkB

Legend
I'm not sure I trust the telepathic synth to have interpreted the message correctly. She may be better able to comprehend it than an organic person, but it's still a message that's been filtered through two different organic brains before it reached her. Can she really be sure that it wasn't distorted en route?

I really don't care for the whole self-fulfilling-prophecy thing here. In order to protect other synthetics against the prejudices of organics, these old synths created a message which makes organics develop prejudices against synths? And then they just left it around, with no apparent effort to ensure that it wouldn't be intercepted by the wrong people?

What is the Admonition if not an artificial machine-generated telepathic message?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm glad that not ALL the XB's and Borg were thrown out the airlock. It would seem strange if, in a cube, EVERYONE was close enough to the outside to get jettisoned.

So... who thinks we're gonna have a big season cliffhanger?

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I'm glad that not ALL the XB's and Borg were thrown out the airlock. It would seem strange if, in a cube, EVERYONE was close enough to the outside to get jettisoned.

So... who thinks we're gonna have a big season cliffhanger?

The Romulans set it that way...

Insight...caught a review on YouTube, and it was pointed out that latest Soong Kin and Maddox reference of working with said person, in the present was correct.

Anyone who can re-watch Episode # 9, please relook at the A. Soong character...look very carefully at the mannerisms and speech directly at Picard, Angus and whoever else he spoke to.

They pull a dozy, N Soong and wife, had no physical children just listen to A Soong speaks of Data and his Father

That is LORE, in the flesh...did Maddox finally got his hands on him. The last reference Novel, showed Bruce getting B4, and only B4. Does anyone know if any further novel material touched on Lore at some point?

Now, the cliffhanger---Borg ship is crippled, wherever Deep Space 12 is, that Squadron may be too far away.

The Romulans incoming of 218 ships(?), that frakking Aramda...is a day away. And they were travelling at regular Warp, not Slipstream or Transwarp. Two plus days and some hours of travel....straight.

Who could get there faster to help them, the BORG...

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I'm not sure I trust the telepathic synth to have interpreted the message correctly. She may be better able to comprehend it than an organic person, but it's still a message that's been filtered through two different organic brains before it reached her. Can she really be sure that it wasn't distorted en route?

I really don't care for the whole self-fulfilling-prophecy thing here. In order to protect other synthetics against the prejudices of organics, these old synths created a message which makes organics develop prejudices against synths? And then they just left it around, with no apparent effort to ensure that it wouldn't be intercepted by the wrong people?

What is the Admonition if not an artificial machine-generated telepathic message?

Nah...that is pure WiFi :ROFLMAO: with a universal translator.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases