Star Trek Prodigy Main Title

I didnt mind him too much, he’s a lone child raised in a slave camp with others he cant talk to - him being an anti-social delinquent out for himself is understandable. (I use to teach alt ed and can think of couple of young guys who have similar annoying personalities)

its only ep 2 lets hope he grows up quick
To be clear my objection is not to the character or his behavior, but to how the character and his behavior are integrated, and the show's apparent assumptions about the audience being on his side. I'd have been fine with him in episode 2 if everyone hadn't continued to mostly defer to his "I called it first" claim to captaincy even when it nearly got them killed, and/or if he had actually been a bit more chastened by the experience of nearly getting everyone killed. Maybe episode 2 was an outlier, but the more worrying aspect is that both episodes have seemed to me to just assume that the entire audience was on team Dal to a degree that I (and from what I can tell many other adult viewers) simply weren't and that's how a character Jar-Jars up your franchise.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I watched the first one. I liked it so much more than Lower Decks. I'm starting episode 3 now.

The Vulcan archetype looked like Leonard Nimoy. That's a nice tribute IMHO.

Remove ads