Star Trek TNG How to Watch?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
A logic did emerge, driven by the original series...Q replaces all the god-like aliens, holo-deck replaces all the alternate earths, Data obviously replaces Spock and his emotional issues. Which is like 85% of the episodes.

When they finally could figure out some new things, the series did benefit, at least for a while.

ccs

41st lv DM
How to watch? About 5 episodes/week, in your favorite seat, in your sweat pants with snacks.
Where to start watching? About season 3+
And like others have said: If you don't like an episode after about 10 minutes skip to the next one. (spoiler: it always works out OK for the crew). Once you've gotten to the end, then if you feel like it go back & watch S1/S2 & maybe episodes you initially bailed on.

Ryujin

Legend
How to watch? About 5 episodes/week, in your favorite seat, in your sweat pants with snacks.
Where to start watching? About season 3+
And like others have said: If you don't like an episode after about 10 minutes skip to the next one. (spoiler: it always works out OK for the crew). Once you've gotten to the end, then if you feel like it go back & watch S1/S2 & maybe episodes you initially bailed on.
Well not always.

ccs

41st lv DM
Well not always.
Ok, Tasha Yar got killed off.... No loss & if you're skipping season 1 you'd never know. And when you get to "Yesterdays Enterprise" her return (& exit) won't mean much. Oh no, NPC plot device characters come from, & return to, the past where they get killed by aliens.

Of course I'm also glossing over any other NPC deaths throughout the series. If you're not Picard & co, you don't really matter. If you are Picard & co then it's all good (even when you get turned into a Borg - you'll get better.)

Ryujin

Legend
Ok, Tasha Yar got killed off.... No loss & if you're skipping season 1 you'd never know. And when you get to "Yesterdays Enterprise" her return (& exit) won't mean much. Oh no, NPC plot device characters come from, & return to, the past where they get killed by aliens.

Of course I'm also glossing over any other NPC deaths throughout the series. If you're not Picard & co, you don't really matter. If you are Picard & co then it's all good (even when you get turned into a Borg - you'll get better.)
I can't remember the specific episode, but there was one in which Picard was outwitted by the Romulans.

AH! Got it.
The "Vulcan ambassador."

If you want all the Q episodes, then you have to watch the two-part beginning of the 1st season, because that IS Q and sets the tone for all his harassment in future Q episodes.

Zardnaar

Legend
If you want all the Q episodes, then you have to watch the two-part beginning of the 1st season, because that IS Q and sets the tone for all his harassment in future Q episodes.

I think we did watch that or half of it a while ago.

Hence why I didn't want to watch season one that much.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Some scenes from the season 1 opener are also revisited in a pivotal later episode, from a slightly different frame of reference.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases