• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars DVD

Kai Lord

Hero
KnowTheToe said:
Anyway, I wish only Han shot, but in the long run it makes absoluely no difference. He has enough lines about being in it for the money that we still see his character grow.
Exactly.

"But they're gonna kill her!"

"Better her than me."

And characters missed randomly easy shots in the original Star Wars all the time. Ever notice that when the Stormtroopers show up at the Mos Eisley docking bay one of Han's first blaster shots hits the CEILING above their heads? Nice shot there, spaz.

And then there's the Death Star detention area. When the Stormtroopers blast that narrow opening in the door Han and Chewie should have been able to tag about half a dozen of them the way they all lined up and carefully stepped through the opening. They hit ONE.

Luke and Han also manage to miss some pretty easy shots when the Stormtroopers are chasing them through the Death Star hallways.

But that's just part of the charm of Star Wars. The biggest problem I had with the Han/Greedo change was when they muted Han saying "Yeah" right before "I'll bet you have" because it so horribly broke up the flow of his sentence and you could still see him mouthing the word.

The choppy blaster fire was a close second.

But they streamlined the blaster fire, put the "Yeah" back in, and now its okay. Not as good as it used to be, but at least it doesn't call attention to itself anymore.

If you were watching it for the first time you'd just think Greedo had a "Pulp Fiction" moment where the guy burst out of the closet and missed John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson at point blank range before being wasted.

Its not a big deal. At all.

The absolutely jaw droppingly beautiful restoration of the picture quality is much more noteworthy. Amazing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads