• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Episode 2.1q: The Fall of Eraydia (RIP)

Pbartender

First Post
Denny continues blazing a trail through the fatal flora with STAP's blaster cannons.

OOC: I think at this point, that unless the situation changes significantly, Denny will keep blasting his way through the blade grass. Besides, I'm running out of alliterative descriptions for those wicked weeds. :)

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Round Seventeen

Code:
*.*
..%

intact
. leveled (safe for travel)
% partially cut down

______

Shom, Tilon, and Denny (in the STAP) continue to fire at the bladegrass. While Denny finishes off the patch in the middle, Shom and Tilon have the same thought, and concentrate on the right side of the trail. Both hit, and roughly half of the bladegrass in that square has been subdued.

Hiru, finding his bearings, is on his way from the ship with the coolant and hoses.

Ka Jor assures the refugee crowd in soothing tones (such as can be heard over the bladegrass) that everything will be fine, and to be ready to move in single file once the trail is cleared. The crowd seems to placate, somewhat, and arranges themselves, women and children first, in a line.

Pog and Kerracor continue to wait for Hiru to arrive.

The Separatists advance, surely but slowly. They remain roughly 75m from the near berm.

Alice, the Falleen, and two others wait on the far side of the grass, in the clearing area.

[I'm just going to fast forward a couple of rounds, based on default actions.]

dpdx

Explorer
Round Nineteen

Code:

* - intact
. - leveled
& - partially down

By the time Hiru arrives at the broken STAP with the materials, the blasting crew has managed two salvos at the bladegrass, and managed to make tremendous progress. Tilon's strategy of aiming low has paid off again, leveling the entire square immediately in back of the one on the right. Shom and Denny concentrate on the partially-cleared square in back left, and manage to trim it down entirely.

Pog notices a hose that looks suspiciously similar to the one that ruptured on the STAP, and selects it for making the repair. While he does that, Kerracor takes the jug of coolant, and pours it into the intake located underneath the manifold especially for that purpose. The wounded STAP now seems to have enough, in the team's estimation, to turn over without overheating. [Pog and Kerry will complete the repair next round.]

The refugees on both sides of the bladegrass expanse seem to have settled down, yet they anxiously await result of the bladegrass chopping. One or two are heard by Ka Jor to remark that they'd be happy to join in, if only the Republic hadn't confiscated their weapons at the Aldera spaceport.

The bladegrass itself, once cut down, gives off a silvery glow, and those close enough to fire at it also notice small flecks and droplets of red among the blades, as if the grass itself were bleeding...

The Separatists continue as before. What's more, no help for them seems to be arriving. Perhaps the central computer that controls the droids has more important things to look after with them...

[Okay! Actions?]

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
dpdx said:
The refugees on both sides of the bladegrass expanse seem to have settled down, yet they anxiously await result of the bladegrass chopping. One or two are heard by Ka Jor to remark that they'd be happy to join in, if only the Republic hadn't confiscated their weapons at the Aldera spaceport.

Denny reluctantly drops his brace of blasters, four sporting blasters in total, to the crowd below, exhorting them to "Pass them around and don't waste your ammunition!"

He continues firing the STAP-based blaster cannons at the gruesome grass.

Kerraccor will either fire at the bladegrass from the newly repaired STAP or will attempt to locate a spare blaster so as not to waste his bowcaster ammunition. If he finds a blaster or is allowed to use the STAP, he will fire low, just like the others.

dpdx

Explorer
Round Twenty-One

[I'll be out of town from tomorrow afternoon until Sunday night. I'll resolve the next round when I return. In the meantime, we seem to be missing the players of our Jedi; I'll put a bug in eoghantodd's ear, as I'm dropping off my cat to him, but if someone knows or can get hold of DonAdam, can someone let him know the game has started up again?]

Pog finishes attaching the hose, closes the manifold, and tries the starter on the formerly-wounded STAP. It turns over on the first try, and before anyone else can speak up for the ride, Pog climbs on, and starts over toward the bladegrass [Pog can begin firing next round]. The STAP seems to be good as new; perhaps even the Ion Engine Coolant is a better fluid than the petrol-electric airspeeder is normally used to.

But since the STAP still doesn't seem gutsy enough to carry a Wookiee, Kerracor heads over toward the bladegrass along with Hiru, his bowcaster very obviously sheathed. It is unclear how he is going to chop down bladegrass (perhaps with brute strength?) until four sporting blasters, safeties on, come flying out of the first STAP, courtesy of Dobradenn.

As the refugees look expectantly at their leader, Ka Jor, and he nods his assent, a pair of them, one a Twi'lek, the other human, sort out from the pod and amble over to them. They appear to be all gone until the Twi'lek looks back and sees Kerracor striding toward the grass, unarmed.

He reaches out a hand to stop the human, who was about to grab a second pistol, and he too looks back and sees the Wookiee. Smiling, he leaves the second one on the ground, as did the Twi'lek, and as they walk off, sporting blasters in hand, the lek'ku of the Twi'lek spread out slightly as if to say 'need a weapon? Here you are.'

Not one to pass up the use of a regular powerpack for the savings of a caster bolt, Kerracor scoops up a sporting blaster, tossing the other one back to Denny, and closes the distance to the others.

It's getting a little crowded on the firing line, as the new mowers fan out to avoid problems with unobstructed lanes. The cumulative effect of two rounds of firing is not as impressive, which includes Tilon missing the grass entirely in an effort to get the One Central Stalk, another couple of misses from Shom and the Twi'lek, and yet another refugee (the human) forgetting to take his loaned weapon off safety. Only a powerful couple of salvos from Denny results in any clearage, with the other forward squares looking battered but not broken.

The sporting blasters seem to be scant power against bladegrass, in particular, but you do see progress, even discounting the fire-linked twin blaster cannons. With this many people firing, and hopefully hitting, you should clear the path in time to get well away from the Separatists, who close in at the rate of a sleeping bantha. They may even give up if they can't catch you.

Code:
%.%

[Once everybody's firing who's gonna fire, I'll resolve it all the way through to End Combat Time, or drop you right back in if you don't knock it down in time, so no posts are necessary if you're just going to fire, and not, say, smack a refugee who's being dumb. :)]

maddmic

Explorer
Pog nods with approval at the finished creation. Seeing that the wookie realizes that the STAP isn't powerful enough to carry him, he shrugs his shoulders. "Sorry big guy. I guess I'll have to test her out." With that, he jumps on the STAP and swings it around towards the group assembling in front of the path. He then fires the blasters at the blade grass trying to help the group clear a way through the natural hell in front of them.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Code:

Round Thirty-Six: End Combat Time!

Roughly 14 salvos, 2.5 minutes, and 3 of Denny's blaster packs later, Hiru applies the finishing touches on your route through the bladegrass. You can easily herd yourselves, the refugees, and your equipment single file through the path to the clearing on the other side, and everyone is together again. The STAPs are too wide for the path. STAP riders, if you go above the path, you may be susceptible to opportunity fire.

[Denny: the refugees went through the powerpacks on three of your blasters. The only blaster you have with shots still left is the one Kerracor borrowed from you. If you have extra powerpacks, you may reload them.]

[Tilon: you also had to go to your spare powerpack, as it ran out toward the end.]

At this point, let me know if you're still around. :)

Most of you remember the tower you flew over before you crashed. A path leads to your north in the direction of the tower.

Pbartender

First Post
Denny retrieves and holsters his blaster pistols.

Then, he guns the STAP, and flying just high enough to avoid the blade grass, he zips off at full speed to scout ahead.

OOC: Denny's moving on ahead as fast as he can to make certain no bad guys are waiting for them out of sight. If he draws enemy fire, he'll start flying defensively.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads