Star Wars: reboot/remake?

Derren

Hero
Seriously?

You could technobabble away the problem in Last Jedi because of the hyperspace tether, but this is just stupid.

Thats the news I have heard. Its in German, so no idea how useful this is. I will link it but am currently not in the mood to hunt down the source of this. So hopefully google translate does a good job with it

EDIT: Found the English source (IGN, the full first chapter of the book)

“The destruction of the Legacy Run is the catalyst for a galaxy-wide disaster. Fragments of the destroyed cargo vessel begin flying out of hyperspace at super-accelerated speeds, meaning that deadly missiles of debris can appear anywhere at any time, from the Outer Rim to the Core. In this moment of crisis, the Republic turns to the guardians of peace and justice—the Jedi.”

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Re: the Spoiler tag just upthread
Umm, scriptwriters, Jedi (guardians of peace and justice) should be dealing with people-caused problems, not nature-caused problems.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Re: the Spoiler tag just upthread
Umm, scriptwriters, Jedi (guardians of peace and justice) should be dealing with people-caused problems, not nature-caused problems.

Because your galaxy spontaneously manifests lightspeed-capable cargo vessels? If not, it is a people-caused problem

In a time of crisis, you use the resources you have that can do the job.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
In a time of crisis, you use the resources you have that can do the job.
The Republic Navy, which has (or can build or upgrade / kitbash) some Cruiser -sized ships capable of "All power to the tractor beams!" is who I would call first. That and the Galactic Astronomical and Hyperspatial Survey, to make maps and try to figure out where the debris is / will be - so I know where to put my fleet and when they have to be there.

"Use the Force to substitute for the map that isn't ready yet" would be a good assignment for Jedi, but not the central role in cleaning up the mess.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The Republic Navy, which has (or can build or upgrade / kitbash) some Cruiser -sized ships capable of "All power to the tractor beams!" is who I would call first.

Last time I checked, the Republic Navy cannot predict the future. Jedi can. So... given the stated scenario, you'd probably need the cruisers to be in place before things show up. How does that happen, I wonder? Dumb luck?

Not that I know the plot of the work, but really, when you have space wizards with lots of different powers, and something weird happens, you probably call in the space wizards.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Not that I know the plot of the work, but really, when you have space wizards with lots of different powers, and something weird happens, you probably call in the space wizards.
Absolutely. Even just the premise that Jedi should stick to people-caused problems is odd. Why? They have magic powers and can help in a wide range of situations.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases