• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Spoilers Thread [Spoilers]

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy. It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good. I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team. Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their...

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy.

It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good.

I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team.

Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their hand cut off?

Luke lives in Ireland, eh?

Question: WHY was there a map to Luke, and why was it split into two? I feel like I missed something. For that matter, why a map and not just some coordinates? Seems like a random puzzle set up for the sake of it.
ebdc7e9da0a98a020498d701b47512ef.jpg

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
Did she not crash the Falcon, get easily captured by Kylo, and get beaten about by him until she used the Force when you saw it? Or are you disputing that any of those events took place? I'm not sure where you're going with that.

In the movie I saw she never crashed (unlike the best pilot in the Resistance) in fact she was in so much of control that she was able to line up Fin for a shot with his damaged blaster.

If scraping up a little sand counts as crashing then Han was also crashing when he came in on the Deathstar planet and we know that is unpossible.

I disagree. If Kylo Ren had taken her back to a major First Order base that wasn't a megaweapon poised to shoot anyone down, I don't see as he's got a compelling reason to go after her. Given the situation where Kylo has a potential map to Luke, and the Resistance has a map to Luke, the top priority becomes a race to Luke - his longtime friend and the last known Jedi who is now at risk, not rescuing a girl he'd just met. Without the threat of the megaweapon, Leia would send Han (best pilot, fastest ship) to save her brother, not save the otherwise unknown girl.

If he wants to find Ben, the best thing to do is to find Luke first, and wait for Ben to show up.
It'd be odd but not unsellable and not a huge plot point. It would have irked me a heck of a lot less than bringing yet another megaweapon into the Star Wars universe, which every bad EU writer seemed to want to do as well.

I just find it annoying that you can play "bad EU novel plot Bingo" with the first major Star Wars film in a decade.

By the way, I don't think we should refer to him as "Ren" any more than we'd refer to later Annakin as "Darth". There are potentially several "Ren"s - all part of the Knights of Ren. HIs personal name there is "Kylo".
I don't recall the knights of Ren. Where were those in the movie?

darjr

I crit!
In the movie I saw she never crashed (unlike the best pilot in the Resistance) in fact she was in so much of control that she was able to line up Fin for a shot with his damaged blaster.

If scraping up a little sand counts as crashing then Han was also crashing when he came in on the Deathstar planet and we know that is unpossible.

Uh yea, han was crashing. There was even broken trees and a slide up to a cliff.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

My interest level in discussing the semantics of the word "crash" are pretty minimal, I'm afraid. Substitute whatever word you prefer.

Yes, Han crash-landed.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It'd be odd but not unsellable and not a huge plot point. It would have irked me a heck of a lot less than bringing yet another megaweapon into the Star Wars universe, which every bad EU writer seemed to want to do as well.

So, you figure the fact that the first movie had a Death Star, the second had a Super Star Destroyer, and the third another Death Star... had nothing to do with the trope? :p

I don't recall the knights of Ren. Where were those in the movie?

Snoke mentions that Kylo is the leader of the Knights of Ren. We don't know much about them otherwise. They are presumed to be the folks behind Ben Solo in the momentary flashback of him killing Luke's other apprentices.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
My interest level in discussing the semantics of the word "crash" are pretty minimal, I'm afraid. Substitute whatever word you prefer.

The only time Rey flew by her self she managed to get into space to be captured by Han.

Exactly when in the movie did she crash?

Yes, Han crash-landed.

No, he was "keeping low" so that the Falcon would not be detected.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads