• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate SG-1 Season 10 *Discussion Thread* 8/11

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
UNINVITED
1005.jpg

EPISODE NUMBER - 1005
ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.11.06
WRITTEN BY - Damian Kindler
DIRECTED BY - Will Waring

Cast: Beau Bridges, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Ben Browder.
GUEST STARRING - Jodie Graham (SG Leader)

Teal'c discovers a world where people are being savagely attacked by an elusive creature, leading SG-1 to a stunning discovery about its potential origin.​

Well, after last week debacle, and hopefully no more 'Baal' puns. :p . Back to some serious business. *Don't forget that this thread is here*

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Truth Seeker said:
Teal'c discovers a world where people are being savagely attacked by an elusive creature, leading SG-1 to a stunning discovery about its potential origin.​

Well, after last week debacle, and hopefully no more 'Baal' puns. :p

I hope the "elusive creature" isn't a TlT mouse.

Napftor

Explorer
Interesting and fun! I always enjoy when the SGC screws itself by messing with other technology. At first, I thought they had run into some kind of creatures that somehow existed on different planets simultaneously. Guess I was kinda close. Looking forward to the 200th ep next week.

Oh, and like I mentioned in the Atlantis thread, it's nice to not see (and in this case barely discuss) the story arc involving the Ori in every single episode.

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Pseudonym said:
I just hope it isn't related to the damn replicators.

Maybe it'll be the long awaited furling.

Well I have given up hope for ever seeing the Furling.. its like the whole Boba Fett mystique for Star Wars.. only the inside fans even remember the reference - though unlike Boba the Furlings aren't the key to the galactic civil war:)

DMH

First Post
I think that the NID is going to (try to) use the worms as weapons against the Ori.

Overall, it was too much Relic for me. And I really didn't get the sniping between Cam and the general.

Tuzenbach

First Post
Jeez, this was the weakest episode of Stargate SG-1 I've ever seen!

This fell apart for me with all the beginning interaction between Landry & Mitchell. I'm sorry, but Beau Bridges says ALL his lines in EXACTLY the same fashion. Having a lot of theatre experience under my belt, I found their conversations extraordinarily tedious to watch/listen to. Even the bird-calls didn't save it. When Browder's character says "permission to leave, sir" I almost took that as the cue to grab the remote & switch channels.

Also, it's REALLY painful to watch Vala "attempt" to interact with Carter. Carter's character is that of a scientist: extremely serious. Meanwhile, we have Vala the rogue. What should come across as gasoline & matches ends up being more like oil & water. Not only that, but Vala's so fun to watch, she's actually taking away from Carter's "entertainment value". Don't mean to be a killjoy, but somebody's gotta go!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads