• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate SG-1 Season *200th* 10 *Discussion Thread* 8/18

Shag

Explorer
Yeah when I found out they had not renewed it, I was like, wow it's too bad they wasted a show goofing around, they now have only half a season to wrap everything up with the Ori.

DM_Matt

First Post
Shag said:
Yeah when I found out they had not renewed it, I was like, wow it's too bad they wasted a show goofing around, they now have only half a season to wrap everything up with the Ori.

I doubt they will. It reduces the icentive to go on in other forms. Of course, the Ori blew horribly and I dreaded sitting through waiting years for them to find whatever mcguffin it was that would kill them, since they are so absurdly pwoerful that that was inevitably the oly way to get rid of them.

DonTadow

First Post
DM_Matt said:
I doubt they will. It reduces the icentive to go on in other forms. Of course, the Ori blew horribly and I dreaded sitting through waiting years for them to find whatever mcguffin it was that would kill them, since they are so absurdly pwoerful that that was inevitably the oly way to get rid of them.
Ok, now the speculation. Who goes over to atlantis and who gets dropped from atlantis

Staffan

Legend
DonTadow said:
Ok, now the speculation. Who goes over to atlantis and who gets dropped from atlantis
My guesses:
Sam Carter does not go over. She would tread too much on McKay's territory.
Teal'c does not go over. His place is with the Jaffa, and wouldn't want to bother with fighting Wraith.
Daniel Jackson might very well go over. He has wanted to go there for a long time, and I don't think the brief time with the Fata Morgana LeFay was enough to satisfy his wish to explore the place.
Mitchell might cross over, but I don't think so. Atlantis already has competent military. He might take the place of um... the guy who played Skinner as commander of the Daedalus, and guest star a bit, but I doubt it.
Vala might cross over, but I doubt the Atlantis crew would want her.

As for the Atlanteans, I kinda hope they'll drop Ronan. His only role is as belligerent badass, and that's not a very interesting role.

IcyCool

First Post
Staffan said:
As for the Atlanteans, I kinda hope they'll drop Ronan. His only role is as belligerent badass, and that's not a very interesting role.

Interesting, no. Entertaining, hell yes! :D

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
DonTadow said:
eh I guess I'll never understand TV execs, but I love the spin. STargate got farscape canceled, battlestar got stargate canceled. Will we ever have two good shows on at one time. (but they got a budget for Eureka?)

I didn't see anyone mention BSG getting SG-1 cancelled.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads