• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Still Recruiting for multiple games/ideas! Post Your Thoughts!

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, I suppose this thread is going to become somebodies recruiting thread before too long, but here are some games I would love to play in. Oh, btw, I honestly prefer homebrew worlds over preset standards.

1. Party of characters all who have taken Sacred Vow and Vow of Poverty. (BoED) [Makes the DM's job of rolling up treasure easy]

2. A party specifically sent out to be demonfighters and exorcists. [Think Sacred Exorcist/Knight of the Chalice PrCs - but not restricted to those]

3. A psionically themes party where everyone has most of their levels in a psionic class of some sort.

4. A true wilderness campaign made up of rangers/ scouts/ favored souls/ druids/ sorcerers/ barbarians. [Or any other class that makes sense to have developed AWAY from civilization]

5. A party designed around taking prisoners over outright killing. [Perhaps everyone gets Nonlethal Force as a free ability?]

Well ... I suppose that's enough for now. Any interest in any of these, let me know!

Eluvan

First Post
I'd very much go for the Swashbuckling/Airships/Weird Races concept, as a Spelljammer game or any other way someone would want to do it. Normally the mention of Planescape would be enough to make me volunteer as a DM for that game, but... I think it might be putting a little too much on my plate. If nobody else expresses any interest in DMing, I might be persuaded. :)

Note that if I did DM, it wouldn't be Spelljammer, as I'm not familiar with any of the mechanics of Spelljamming. As such you'd get the Planescape and the swashbuckling feel, and the monstrous races if you so desired, but the airships would probably be left behind.

Eluvan said:
Note that if I did DM, it wouldn't be Spelljammer, as I'm not familiar with any of the mechanics of Spelljamming. As such you'd get the Planescape and the swashbuckling feel, and the monstrous races if you so desired, but the airships would probably be left behind.

I vote for Planescape. :D

JimAde

First Post
tylermalan said:
I'm REALLY getting hyped up on swashbuckling weird races on airships though... Anyone else for a straight (almost basic with a few twists) swashbuckling game? Maybe with odd races too? And if anyone has the resources, in Planescape?

Yes. Yes I am. :)

I don't have Planescape but I love to buckle a good swash. List me as interested.

tylermalan

First Post
Well Eluvan, looks like you've stirred up some Planescape in a bunch of people now, but if DMing it is a bit much for you right now... :)

Anyone else up for DMing in Planescape? I would do it, but I know very little about it, and have never played in it before.

What about stuff other than Planescape? anyone else interested in any of the horror stuff, Ravneloft and whatnot?

What about anyone that might have a really good story concept in their heads that they just haven't been able to play/get off the ground yet? Anyone REALLY want to DM in their own homebrew or anything?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Well, I suppose this thread is going to become somebodies recruiting thread before too long, but here are some games I would love to play in. Oh, btw, I honestly prefer homebrew worlds over preset standards.

1. Party of characters all who have taken Sacred Vow and Vow of Poverty. (BoED) [Makes the DM's job of rolling up treasure easy]

with monks forbidden. :p

3. A psionically themes party where everyone has most of their levels in a psionic class of some sort.
especially interesting if psionics were the default for the setting.
4. A true wilderness campaign made up of rangers/ scouts/ favored souls/ druids/ sorcerers/ barbarians. [Or any other class that makes sense to have developed AWAY from civilization]
fight civilization!

5. A party designed around taking prisoners over outright killing. [Perhaps everyone gets Nonlethal Force as a free ability?]
hhmmmmm.... whip, trip, disarm, repeat.....

AmorFati

First Post
Another thing that might be cool, is a Dragon campaign. Utilizing Draconomicon heavily. Perhaps a party og good dragons, fighting against the evil ones in a world heavily dominated by evil dragons and their thralls.... Wow, this got me thinking, I might do just this one myself!

LogicsFate

First Post
AmorFati said:
Another thing that might be cool, is a Dragon campaign. Utilizing Draconomicon heavily. Perhaps a party og good dragons, fighting against the evil ones in a world heavily dominated by evil dragons and their thralls.... Wow, this got me thinking, I might do just this one myself!

Count me in!

Threads like this seem to drag out all kinds of good ideas out of people

Remove ads