• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Still Recruiting for multiple games/ideas! Post Your Thoughts!

AmorFati said:
Regarding draconic campaign, this is what I have been thinking of so far: A destroyed world, ruled by evil dragons and their slaves (Probably only draconic races, perhaps half-dragons as well.). The good dragons are few, outnumbered 1 to 10 by the evil ones. There are rumours of old of a set of artifacts that will give unfathomable powers to the one who wields it, but the fragments are scattered around the now wrecked world. The evil dragons also have a few of the fragments as well. Fortunately there is not peace among the evil ones; the different flights war among eachother, and there is no joined effort to stop the good ones - yet.

Probably a high-level game, bordering on epic.

Another idea I am thinking about is a twin-game of sorst. All players play a regular character and a draconic character in paralell worlds. Whatever you do in one world affects both worlds. So, in solving one problem in one world, you might have to do tasks in the other world etc. This need fleshing out, of course, but it might be interesting.

Both ideas sound good to me, but I would vote for the first one. :) The second one rather reminds me of the Fireborn campaign setting, BTW.

tylermalan

First Post
Well, looks like we have some serious interest in both a Planescape/Swashbuckling campaign AND a dragon campaign. I'm assuming AmorFati can DM the Dragon one, do we have a DM that knows Planescape well enough to DM that one?

Eluvan

First Post
I definitely know Planescape well enough... really I was just hoping someone else would volunteer so I could play. :p

Still, since that doesn't seem to be happening, I'd be happy to run the game. Look out for a seperate recruitment thread very soon - don't worry, precedence will be given to people who expressed an interest here.

tylermalan

First Post
I knew you wanted to play too :) Hopefully someone else knows it pretty well and WANTS to DM rather than play.

For either game, throw up the recruitment threads as links in this one, too.

AmorFati

First Post
Eluvan said:
I definitely know Planescape well enough... really I was just hoping someone else would volunteer so I could play. :p

Still, since that doesn't seem to be happening, I'd be happy to run the game. Look out for a seperate recruitment thread very soon - don't worry, precedence will be given to people who expressed an interest here.

I REALLY want in on that one! *grins* :p

As for the dragon game, I will have to think more about it, and then decide wether I feel ready to run a game like that. Knowing myself, there will most likely be a recruitment thread up next week or so. And as Eluvan said, precedence will of course be given to people who expressed an interest here!

Scotley

Hero
djrdjmsqrd said:
So hear is the deal. I will spend from now intill the weekend working on a starting point for the game. Keep in mind these points when thinking of your PCs...
- Celtic/Asian/High Seas (actually Air)
- Very intresting Religion(s), very few gods, many spirits
- Dark Mists are chaotic (think Mists of Ravenloft with a very big twist)
- Firearms (Think Old West)
- Very, very controled Magic/Psionics
- All will start in a common place (freeport)
- Grim World/Harsh (A Goblin can kill...)
- Around 4th level; if thinking magic/psionic character I will post more on it...

Consider me interested in playing a Swashbuckler/Psychic Warrior who uses firearms as well as a blade. If Psionics aren't that common then maybe just Swashbuckler with perhaps some Rogue. I've been wanting a chance to play in freeport. Willing to share any more character generation details as yet?

tylermalan

First Post
I've got an idea for either a fairly traditional homebrew game or a fairly traditional swashbuckling game. If anyone is interested (even though there's all these other games going on in this thread :) ) let me know and I can throw up a recruitment thread.

AmorFati

First Post
tylermalan said:
I've got an idea for either a fairly traditional homebrew game or a fairly traditional swashbuckling game. If anyone is interested (even though there's all these other games going on in this thread :) ) let me know and I can throw up a recruitment thread.

*raise his hand* I am I am :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads